What is the best WYSIWYG editor out there?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by The Pie Man:

<strong>

Any WYSIWYG worth anything will allow you to get in there and get your hands dirty. )</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but have to disagree here. Freeway can easily match anything DW and GL can do. Come from a DW background myself, and FreeWay felt like a breath of fresh air!

Use what you like, but don't knock what you don't know!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by macanoid?:

<strong>

Sorry, but have to disagree here. Freeway can easily match anything DW and GL can do. Come from a DW background myself, and FreeWay felt like a breath of fresh air!

Use what you like, but don't knock what you don't know!</strong><hr></blockquote>

relax macanoid, we all know your happy with freeway, that's great. but many of us that have tried the app and simply find it lacking for whatever reason(s). for anyone that is serious about web design/development and needs a wysiwyg editor, dreamweaver is the way to go in my opinion.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Dreamweaver is certainly the best in workflow and such, but all MX programs are horribly buggy and slow. Almost to the point of being unusable. It's so bad. That's all I have to say, because I still use DW and don't know of anything better.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by Logan Cale:

<strong>Dreamweaver is certainly the best in workflow and such, but all MX programs are horribly buggy and slow. Almost to the point of being unusable. It's so bad. That's all I have to say, because I still use DW and don't know of anything better. </strong><hr></blockquote>

i must be living right, never had any real issue with speed or buggyness since MX on any of my work macs or at home.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    OTCameron, I suggest you try GoLive, Freeway, Create and Stone Studio yourself to see if you find them user-friendly/powerful enough.

GoLive 6 is not bad at all; if you spend a week in it, it begins to look logical. However, it has problems with non-Roman languages.

So just download a demo a give it a try.