California Wildfire Threatens 10,000 Homes

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
There is a huge blaze in the hills surrounding LA. What would you like to happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

There is a huge blaze in the hills surrounding LA. What would you like to happen?

I fixed the biased poll for you. You can be quite unpleasant sometimes, Tauron; you seriously want to see half of LA burn?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    I wanted to vote for "Tauron gets roasted alive in the blaze, slowly, screaming and kicking till he dies"

What kind of a poll is this? Did we lose empathy for our fellow human beings already?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

I wanted to vote for "Tauron gets roasted alive in the blaze, slowly, screaming and kicking till he dies"

What kind of a poll is this? Did we lose empathy for our fellow human beings already?

Did you vote? If so, I guess you didn't mean to vote for option 1?
  • Reply 4 of 18
    jazzgurujazzguru Posts: 6,435member
    Really, what is the purpose of this poll?

I noticed the second question was changed. It originally went something like "The blaze dies down, leaving homes intact, and I live in L.A." implying that only people who live there would want the homes there to be preserved.

Real classy.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    It is an unbiased poll, so snap out of it! I feel insulted, frankly, at anyone assuming what my vote was even though most (but not all!) have voted for seeing half of LA burned.

More news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8229329.stm
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:

It is an unbiased poll, so snap out of it

No, it was biased because the second option included "and I live in LA".

Quote:

I feel insulted, frankly, at anyone assuming what my vote was

You created the poll. Only minutes after it had been created, it had one vote for option 1. Given that and the biased nature of the original poll, it was obvious what your feelings are.

Quote:

even though most (but not all!) have voted for seeing half of LA burned.

I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's just that most people with a brain are avoiding this thread like the plague.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Did you vote? If so, I guess you didn't mean to vote for option 1?

I did vote for option 1, let them all burn! die! die! I was looking for more gruesome options (as mentioned in my reply above), but there weren't any. My vote was keeping in sync with the intent of the poll. Silly polls deserve a silly response. That's why I bothered to post a reply. It isn't hypocrisy.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

I did vote for option 1, let them all burn! die! die! I was looking for more gruesome options (as mentioned in my reply above), but there weren't any. My vote was keeping in sync with the intent of the poll. Silly polls deserve a silly response. That's why I bothered to post a reply. It isn't hypocrisy.

Er... OK.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

See? He did it, not me.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

See? He did it, not me.

I'm sorry, are you actually trying to claim you created this biased poll and then didn't vote in it? talksense101's vote was the second vote for option one, not the first.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    May I suggest that this thread be deleted or locked? The entire premise is obnoxious.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Tauron, do you seriously get a thrill from seeing or imagining people being hurt or killed? If so, you might want to try meeting and talking to some real (non-Internet) people and gain a bit of empathy. People who cannot empathize with others demonstrate a serious need for social skills development.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Death is often and easily trivialized and cheapened, exploited in so many "entertainment" products on TV, movies, videogames, etc etc. My guess is that the thread starter may be a teenaged boy.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
  • Reply 15 of 18
    I created this thread because of so many people I know who could not care less about LA. I was curious. Could it be that there was a significant amount of people who would like to see LA wiped out? Mind you, they were talking about buildings, not people.

So I made this poll and so far the result has been surprising.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Reports today say the fire is 20% contained.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Hopefully the wildfire will have consumed many LA home by now.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:

Hopefully the wildfire will have consumed many LA home by now.

LMAO. IBTL and welcome to my ignore list.