Another take: Steve Jobs appearance not expected Sept. 9

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    Just goes to show how little these analysts know. One says yes, the other says no. That way Wall Street has all it's bases covered.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by estolinski View Post

Just goes to show how little these analysts know. One says yes, the other says no. That way Wall Street has all it's bases covered.

The sky is falling... But not as fast as before. It may start rising... But not as fast as before. - DONE.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by estolinski View Post

One says yes, the other says no. That way Wall Street has all it's bases covered.

Everybody does, including Apple. Don't think the AppleTV is called a "hobby" for nothing.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

I don't expect him to make a appearance.

Apple needs to make it's transition to a new leader, unfortunately no one is nearly as qualified.

I don't know about that. Steve handpicked his team. I'm sure he's also handtrained them.

no one has the pizzazz that Steve has but I'm sure he's not worried about handing off the reigns given that there's been no massive shakeups in the top ranks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

And frankly, after the way the media treated him during his absence, I don't blame him.

the media didn't treat him any different than they have for the last 12-18 months

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Perhaps he's so frail, he's been ordered to stay out of public view so people don't think he's about to die and start pulling out.

how do you know he's so freaking frail. yeah he is thin but really, where are the photos of him in a wheelchair, using a cane or walker etc. no where.

as for the public view, I doubt anyone is going to be shocked enough to sell by his appearance given that everyone knows he had a liver transplant. perhaps if that wasn't public knowledge some stock issues would come about.

also, do you really think anyone can order the great Steve Jobs do to anything.

although on the plus side for Steve, his condition probably got him a tag to make that parking in the handicap spaces legit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

From here on out we're only going to see him for blockbuster events.

I heard that he's going to be in Mission Viejo for the opening of the new Microsoft store. Wants to wish them well like a real gentleman. Plus he has some questions about installing Windows 7 on his Macbook Pro

Quote:

This stuff is starting to plateau in terms of feature saturation.

true. which is why refreshes waiting until MacWorld and WWDC is a bad move. Especially MacWorld which they had to pay to play at. so they stopped. A Monday morning announcement from the campus is a better move. At least until they have something breakthrough and then they go to the Moscone Center etc and bring in all the troops.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

For God sakes! Get the Beatles catalog on iTunes already!!!

you do realize that it's not all Apple's choice. Record labels have the power. same for those tv shows and movies folks keep screaming about. the studios have the control, not Apple.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Didn't you forget the, ahem, AppleTV?

Announced by Steve Sept 2006; available for sale March 2007.

I know it's just a "hobby", but....

And maybe they learned their lesson from that.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think Apple would be fine if he just stayed behind the curtain.

Just like the Wizard of Oz - pulling all the strings.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

The only reason they showed the iPhone early was that it needed to go through 6 months of FCC approvals,

There's no value to Apple in showing their hand without being able to start the money machine immediately rolling.

No product goes through 6 months of testing at the FCC, just doesn't happen like that. As a matte of fact, if you can afford it you can get preferential treatment and have things tested in a much much quicker time period. As a matter of fact the report dates for the Original iPhone were 1/26/2006 to 2/5/2007 & 4/19/2007 to condict all the testing that needed to be done on the phone. And that wasn't a complete year of testing, that was when the first test was run and the last test was run for part 1 or 2 testing. So it's not like it was being tested for the entire time.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

For God sakes! Get the Beatles catalog on iTunes already!!!

I don't get why this is even important or sought after at this point.
  • Reply 29 of 40
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

I don't get why this is even important or sought after at this point.

Right? I'd rather have Star Wars on Blu-ray!
  • Reply 30 of 40
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

how do you know he's so freaking frail. yeah he is thin but really, where are the photos of him in a wheelchair, using a cane or walker etc. no where.

lol i don't, thats why i used the word "perhaps"
  • Reply 31 of 40
    Quote:

I don't know about that. Steve handpicked his team. I'm sure he's also handtrained them.

So you question how someone knows he's frail, yet you turn around and say your sure he's trained up his replacement

Quote:

as for the public view, I doubt anyone is going to be shocked enough to sell by his appearance given that everyone knows he had a liver transplant. perhaps if that wasn't public knowledge some stock issues would come about.

also, do you really think anyone can order the great Steve Jobs do to anything.

although on the plus side for Steve, his condition probably got him a tag to make that parking in the handicap spaces legit.

You must have missed the photo taken by someone when Jobs was walking in front of his car with Ive.

But you're making progress, you went from complete denial to at least admitting he needs a handicap parking spot in less than a paragraph. Nice one
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

lol i don't, thats why i used the word "perhaps"

The media's representation of him doesn't help much. He's fine, been fine, has been fine...

He's just a thinner slimmer version of the 80's Steve... And isn't the iPod a thinner slimmer (better and faster) version of the 1st gen iPod?

Seems to me that if he can put up with a legal battle and win while in this so called "frail" state the media painted him into he wouldn't be as weak as they claim he his. Oh and still pulling punches at work.

I've said it before, it's hard for those on a proper diet to gain weight... That's the point of a proper diet. Since seeing a Naturoligst (That's a Dr. in Natural Medicine and diet) I've lost some serious weight, fell 10x's better and no longer have that crashed feeling by 3pm. I'm also not as sick as before and even my Md. has said whatever the Nd. has me on, stay with it.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    Unless Steve wants the news after Wednesday to be all about him and how thin and frail he still looks, he'd be wise to stay away and let someone else at Apple do the keynote. Steve will have a few months to put on some weight and get ready to announce the tablet next year.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    If and when we see Steve on stage again, it will be for the release of the tablet which we all know by now is something he has worked closely on for so many years. Even then, it's 50/50 at best.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

There's no reason for Job's to show up for an insignificant iPod event. He's not going to show up until the tablet comes out. And frankly, after the way the media treated him during his absence, I don't blame him.

The public/press/analyst interest is reason enough. But how much participation? My guess is an intro (state of the iPod/iPhone stats), say five minutes. Then turn it over to someone on the iTunes team to intro Cocktail and iTunes 9, Phil Schiller to intro the iPods. If there is a video chat with the Beatles, Steve comes back for that, then he returns to "one more thing" (Apple TV, his "hobby) and intro the music (maybe 5-10 minutes). I'm all for more Apple faces given more time at these media events, but I think Steve back as CEO needs to acknowledge how he used to behave as CEO.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

I don't think the tablet will be shown until the day its ready to sell.

Apple doesn't generally preview product. The only reason they showed the iPhone early was that it needed to go through 6 months of FCC approvals, so the cat was out of the bag anyway. (50 bonus points to anyone who can correlate that phrase to 'buying a pig in a poke' without looking it up.)

There's no value to Apple in showing their hand without being able to start the money machine immediately rolling.

The pig in a poke phrase comes from historical scams where a shyster would sell a pig in a bag to a customer, the bag would be tied closed and the sounds of upset animal would emanate from it,

the. The pig would be replaced with a cat, unknown by the buyer.

The cat would be let out of the bag when the buyer discovered they had been duped.

Hence, a pig in a poke is a pig bought in a bag, the cat let out of the bag, speaks for itself.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    Wall Street analyst? Concerning Apple? Take their predictions and bet on the opposite happening.

breathe in, breathe out

peace
  • Reply 38 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

The Beatles (Tube) !

snip.

--- NO it wasn't Steve Jobs, or any Exec---

Let's get back on topic please.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cawthorne View Post

Wall Street analyst? Concerning Apple? Take their predictions and bet on the opposite happening.

breathe in, breathe out

peace

I'd bet that they hardly are accurate at all. :0
  • Reply 40 of 40
    Quote:

And maybe they learned their lesson from that.

Probably..