How long can new iphone 3G S record video?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Does anyone know if there is a limit on video clip length with the new iphone or if you can just keep shooting until your flash drive is full? I am curious.

The flip gives you about 60 minutes of video record time on it's 8gig flash drive so I was wondering what the new iphone can do, and how the quality compares. I know the flip HD is a little better resolution wise....but for web/youtube videos the apple specs seem more than enough.

I really want to know about the video clip length and if there is a limit.

THanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Haven't pushed the limit yet. Most I've recorded at once has been about 2 minutes. Honestly without a tripod I don't feel like holding it steady for much longer than that. Not exactly comfortable.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    A couple sites claim you record in 2GB incriments.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

Does anyone know if there is a limit on video clip length with the new iphone or if you can just keep shooting until your flash drive is full? I am curious.

The flip gives you about 60 minutes of video record time on it's 8gig flash drive so I was wondering what the new iphone can do, and how the quality compares. I know the flip HD is a little better resolution wise....but for web/youtube videos the apple specs seem more than enough.

THanks

Why would you want to use it to record that long? Its a pain to use to record anything over 5 min plus it has the worst mic available so a lot of things the audio comes out bad.

ITs good for spur of the moment things but if you want to record something say an hour long your better off gettinga regular video camera.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I have been using the phone to secretly tape my cheating boyfriend. Although I leave it plugged in the the length that i have so far is about an hour 45 minutes one time i even got 2 whole hours, but i have found that once someone calls u its knocks the recording off so u kinda have to use call forwarding to keep it going i have a 32 gig, i hope the rumor is true that i can record up to my disk space b/c i have about 10 gigs of room left
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

THanks

Your memory space availble. Period.