Alleged first Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.1 details revealed

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I have no idea but just maybe the Flash updates occurred after the production of the SL DVDs? It is not exactly Apple's job to worry about Flash anyway!

Flash updated to the current version about a week and a half before we got word as a rumor of the GM of Snow Leopard. NonVendorFan and ImGayForSteveJobs have obviously never done any coding or any work that required testing or proofing in any regard or they would know that you have to test before you release, especially with code. How they expect Apple to have tested the latest Flash update and then magically make it jump to burned DVDs sitting in boxes on shelves is beyond me. You?ll have to ask them when step back through the looking glass.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

Apple has an OS and a Mobile OS both are not interchangeable nor can they be related to each other.

I guess that will have to be your little secret sense iPhone OS X and Mac OS X, as well as AppleTV OSX share a kernel, frameworks and whole lot of other coding, unlike Windows versions which only share a name and Start button design.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    As far as printer drivers go, My Lexmark X75 no longer works. There's no built in driver (I think) and 10.6 won't recognise the driver after using the installer from Lexmark. Time to give them a call...
  • Reply 23 of 49
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iWeb won't open without crashing right away.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    How about:

. deleting print queues instead of migrating them during an upgrade.

. expose behaving super-strangely on 4-finger trackpad swipe, occasionally going into a state where windows bounce offscreeen instead of bounce back into view.

. the new dock menus (especially stacks and the trash), showing up in the wrong places when dock is on the side of the screen..

• Reply 25 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Have you checked for an update for iWeb? Have you tried to get rid of the preferences files and then reopening? Have you then tried to uninstall and then reinstall it?
  • Reply 26 of 49
    Since when is Apple increasing their initial build numbers in dot releases? Normally I would expect to see a 10B71 version.
  • Reply 27 of 49
    10.6.1 seed is now available to paying ADC members.
  • Reply 28 of 49
    As most IT-Pros say : Never deploy an OS into production before the first Service Pack is out. MS Pros know this and so should Apple Pros
  • Reply 29 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

As most IT-Pros say : Never deploy an OS into production before the first Service Pack is out. MS Pros know this and so should Apple Pros

The real pro tests it on a test machine and if it passes validation tests, then goes for it in production. Even if it's a first release, and does so for each and every service pack. Snowy passed those tests brilliantly. The fact that "MS Pros" are used to MS clunkiness is irrelevant.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

Have you checked for an update for iWeb? Have you tried to get rid of the preferences files and then reopening? Have you then tried to uninstall and then reinstall it?

I was lazy, it worked. Thank you Sir.
  • Reply 31 of 49
    Wait a minute, does SL still use OGL2.1?
  • Reply 32 of 49
    Quote:

Quote:

I was lazy, it worked. Thank you Sir.

Quote:

Some sort of clever spam troll trick didn't work though.

Wow is it just me, or is calling someone a troll after all that actually incredibly unfair?
  • Reply 33 of 49
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Most of the trouble reported for Snow Leopard involves printing issues. It's also quite amazing to read posts by business owners/users/freelancers who chose to install Snow Leopard right in the middle of a mission critical job and who are now frothing at the mouth at Apple. How mind numbingly stupid is that? I guess you really can't fix stupid. On the Apple discussions board there is a thread allegedly started by a business owner in Canada. He installed Snow Leopard on ALL of his shop computers only to find that none of their old HP printers were supported.He says he is dead in the water. So who does he blame? Not himself, of course.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imGayForSteveJobs View Post

Wow, what a great costly service pack.

Overheating laptops, the spinning wheel of death, shipping with old software, lots of vulnerabilities, built in virus protection?

I'd rather have an exploding iphone. OSX will always be slow and vulnerable.

How do you guys live with yourselves? Updated your 2008 computers with brand new ones yet? LOL

I did a fresh install on my 3 year old iMac and it's running without issue. What is your point?
  • Reply 35 of 49
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sybaritic View Post

Yeah, it's hard to live with ourselves. Really hard. All of us out there producing movies, running businesses, creating cutting edge design, teaching kids, composing songs, making presentations, doing scientific research. We're having a hell of a time.

30 million iPhones sold. Resounding disappointment.

Great put down without resorting to name calling (troll- so tired). Way to go!
  • Reply 36 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by imGayForSteveJobs View Post

How do you guys live with yourselves? Updated your 2008 computers with brand new ones yet? LOL

So, reading this I decided to fire up this iBook SE purchased in 2000 to type the reply. hmmm... 9 years old and still runs like a champ using OSX 10.4.11
  • Reply 37 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

I did a fresh install on my 3 year old iMac and it's running without issue. What is your point?

He's a troll. Apple envy abounds even on Apple forums. What do you expect him to say? His AI handle pretty much tells the whole story.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sybaritic View Post

Yeah, it's hard to live with ourselves. Really hard. All of us out there producing movies, running businesses, creating cutting edge design, teaching kids, composing songs, making presentations, doing scientific research. We're having a hell of a time.

30 million iPhones sold. Resounding disappointment.

Feel the burn!
  • Reply 39 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarleypeople View Post

As far as printer drivers go, My Lexmark X75 no longer works. There's no built in driver (I think) and 10.6 won't recognise the driver after using the installer from Lexmark. Time to give them a call...

I have had the same issue now for both Leopard and Snow Leopard with my Kyocera printers.

However, both times the Generic Postscript driver worked just fine until an update finally fixed the issue.
  • Reply 40 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marik View Post

Wow is it just me, or is calling someone a troll after all that actually incredibly unfair?

Ever notice how the trolls magically appear, much like the Locust hordes in Gears of War, right after Apple releases something amazing?