Quote:
    Originally Posted by hyunbum11128 View Post

hi

i purchased macbook pro like 1 and a half month ago

and somehow safari disconnects internet randomly

meaning it takes really long time to load the page

anyone having same problem?

any way i can fix it?

Huh? You mean that Safari, while loading a page, disconnects, pausing the load, then reconnects, and resumes the loading?

Are you sure that it's Safari that's doing that?

I'd look towards connections first. Net connections. Loose plugs if it's a hardwire connection. Airport or other router power and processes if it's a wireless connection.

ISP interruptions are another common cause of dropped connections.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    no

when i open a page with safari

it randomly disconnects or takes really long time to load the page
  • Reply 3 of 8
    How do you know Safari is doing that?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    because my other pc works fine and mozilla works fine?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    hi

i do not know why but sometimes safari is taking lots of time to load the image or page from the internet anyone having same problem? if u fixed, could you help me fix?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I'm not familiar with that behavior of Safari. Never heard of it either. I think you would still want to doublecheck hard and soft connections first if just to rule out the obvious.

You don't want to risk egg on your face, do you?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hyunbum11128 View Post

because my other pc works fine and mozilla works fine?

Are you connecting wirelessly or with a cable? With our metal cases the MacBooks do not have the WiFi range of most PCs. If your using WiFi you may be on the edge of what your MacBook can handle yet be well within the PC's range. Look at you Airport status and see how good that is.

Are you talking about Mozilla on your MacBook? If so, and it working fine, you may have a problem with you Safari configuration. We will need more information to help you then.

Is you problem occurring with a particular site or small set of sites? How is it working with Apple's website? How about this one? As a recent switcher you may be going to IE compliant websites. MS intentionally violated web standards in their website creation software in an effort to stop people from using other vendors software. You may be caught trying to access sites that are written for only IE.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    im connected through ethernet cable

and it doesnt happen on mozilla firefox

and it happens on any sites randomly