Line2 gets approved and GV Mobile doesn't? Explain that one...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
GV Mobile gets thrown out of the app store and Line2 makes it in.

GV Mobile utilizes Google Voice while Line2 is another company doing essentially the same thing.

Line2 photo from TechCrunch.com

GV Mobile from Me

I am glad Line2 got through but I am pissed Apple threw out GV Mobile and the rest of the apps that use Google Voice and not to mention still having Google's App under review. BS

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Unbelievable.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Seems to have been overlooked. It turns out, the guy with GV Mobile was involved with Line2 I believe.

I am not sure what Apple is thinking. This makes Apple look like they are treating Google much different than the average company.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Or, as Apple started in their FCC response, GV Mobile is really taking over the iPhone user experience and they haven't made up their mind or not.

I really have no idea here as a) i know nothing about GV Mobile and b) I have no idea on what the problem is that GV Mobile is trying to solve.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aresee View Post

Or, as Apple started in their FCC response, GV Mobile is really taking over the iPhone user experience and they haven't made up their mind or not.

I really have no idea here as a) i know nothing about GV Mobile and b) I have no idea on what the problem is that GV Mobile is trying to solve.

Or, look at the photo's and tell me the real difference. All the screen shots are near identical from dialer to contact list. GV Mobile and Line2 do virtually the same thing with different companies.

And Apple made up their mind, they pulled the App. It is not in limbo, it is gone. Google's App is in limbo.