Live from Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    iPod games. Yawn. Wake me when it's done.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    I had a couple of apps to update via iTunes, T&C's updated

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/uk/terms.html#SERVICE
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Looks like AI has either taken a break from posting photos? Or maybe there's an upload lag?
  • Reply 24 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post

Looks like AI has either taken a break from posting photos? Or maybe there's an upload lag?

DOS-ed.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    Steve jobs on stage ONE MORE THING!!!

and it is....

A video camera in the iPod Nano? no?

And a speaker? in the NANO?? WTF???

FM RADIO TOO!!

pedometer, voice recorder app (synch with Nike thingy)

Norah Jones live on stage.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    FM radio in the nano? unbelievable that no one ever thought about this before
  • Reply 27 of 46
    But but but.....FM Radios are not necessary. Apple said so. No one wants one. Apple said so.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    WTF, a video camera on the nano but not the Touch?
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Except for cleaning up the iTunes Store and allowing for iPhone/Touch organization of apps in iTunes there is nothing I am impressed by. Oh well, I guess I’ll be saving some money.
  • Reply 30 of 46
    Overall, ho-hum presentation. Just give me my new versions of iTunes and iPhone OS.
  • Reply 31 of 46
    I kept expecting something really new and exciting to show up...it never did. They could have done this in a press release.
  • Reply 32 of 46
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

21,000 games available on ipod touch. The only problem is that there are only 4 good ones.

Isn't that the truth!
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I kept expecting something really new and exciting to show up...it never did. They could have done this in a press release.

That's what I've been saying- why bother? I'd expect a stock decline later today.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Not much but a slight refresh.

Looks like the mice were playing while the JobCat was away...

Stock to dive.

Nice to see Steve back on stage and in nearly good health.

I suspect his voice is horse because he has been doing a lot of yelling in Cupertino...

I just hope the footprint of Steve's shoe is still on Phil's "Our customers love glossy screens" ass and we get more matte screen options.

I have taken another look at the glossy Mac's at the local Apple Store and yea the shiny lust is there, but I know from experience it will be a pain using it. It only took me five seconds before I was shifting around trying to eliminate the glare and reflections to see the screen.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member
    This presentation felt almost silly.

They put a video camera on it but not a photo camera? Does that seem dumb - or is that just me?
  • Reply 36 of 46
    Quote:

They put a video camera on it but not a photo camera? Does that seem dumb - or is that just me?

You do know that still and video work differently, right? I?m guessing that the camera is pretty damn crappy, but ?good enough? to make people think twice before buying a Flip over a Nano. Though the Flip HDs are still going to swap some people who want a small HD video camera on the cheap, which no iPod can match.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Today's presentation was one thing: Steve.

I am very happy for him to be back doing what he loves.

The updates and price drops and 3.1 and 9.0 are all icing.

Welcome back, steve, and may you grace the stage many times to come.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

You do know that still and video work differently, right? I?m guessing that the camera is pretty damn crappy, but ?good enough? to make people think twice before buying a Flip over a Nano. Though the Flip HDs are still going to swap some people who want a small HD video camera on the cheap, which no iPod can match.

I interpret him to mean that most would prefer to take snap shots rather that videos. To choose videos over stills IMHO is a big mistake for the Nano and Apple.
  • Reply 39 of 46
    Quote:

Dumb.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    zzzzzz...