When will the Apple tablet be on the market?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

Now that the music event is behind us, let's turn up the heat on tablet speculation.

So, I posting this little poll for fun and to kick off more discussion.

Note that the question is about when the Apple will be on the market, ie available in stores. The event introducing it is likely to be some month prior to that, in order to give developers and accessory manufacturers some time.

My guess is that it will be on the market before Christmas. Introduction event in October. As discussed earlier here, I think it would be madness to miss the holiday shopping season.

What do you guys think? This thread is for us who believe in the tablet.

Best,

Daniel

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    I think H1 2010, going from rumors.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    zunxzunx Posts: 620member
    Taiwanese suppliers tap Apple's supply chain of tablet PCs

As Apple Inc. will launch its newest tablet PCs next February, a couple of Taiwanese suppliers of PC parts and components have managed to join the supply chain and will start delivery to Apple in December, according to industry sources. The tablet PC features a 9.6-inch screen, finger-touch function and built-in HSPDA (high speed download packet access) module, and adopts a P.A. SEMI processor chip and long lasting battery pack, selling for between US$799 and US$999.

More: http://www.emsnow.com/npps/story.cfm?pg=story&id=40512

Rocking!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post

Hi,

Now that the music event is behind us, let's turn up the heat on tablet speculation.

So, I posting this little poll for fun and to kick off more discussion.

Note that the question is about when the Apple will be on the market, ie available in stores. The event introducing it is likely to be some month prior to that, in order to give developers and accessory manufacturers some time.

My guess is that it will be on the market before Christmas. Introduction event in October. As discussed earlier here, I think it would be madness to miss the holiday shopping season.

What do you guys think? This thread is for us who believe in the tablet.

Best,

Daniel

The recent rumors have been saying that Steve Jobs green lighted the launch for the beginning of 2010. Only little babies (including analysts), even though they read the same rumors, still hoped it would be at the September event. And of course they were disappointed.

Once I heard that Steve Jobs was pleased enough to green light it for early 2010 then I knew it wasn't coming out this year.

There will be no Christmas tablet. Now stop wishing it will come out this year and start hoping that Steve and company get the hardware and software right.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Taiwanese suppliers tap Apple's supply chain of tablet PCs

As Apple Inc. will launch its newest tablet PCs next February, a couple of Taiwanese suppliers of PC parts and components have managed to join the supply chain and will start delivery to Apple in December, according to industry sources. The tablet PC features a 9.6-inch screen, finger-touch function and built-in HSPDA (high speed download packet access) module, and adopts a P.A. SEMI processor chip and long lasting battery pack, selling for between US$799 and US$999.

More: http://www.emsnow.com/npps/story.cfm?pg=story&id=40512

Rocking!

Ok, I'll bite. Where did you get this link from?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Ok, I'll bite. Where did you get this link from?

Just Googling, but I have not been able to track the info down to the purported CENS source.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Just Googling, but I have not been able to track the info down to the purported CENS source.

Post again if you do please.

Thanks.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Post again if you do please.

Thanks.

I do not understand what you mean, but here is my reply.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

I do not understand what you mean, but here is my reply.

I mean if you find the source. lol
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Remember that I told you first:

Apple Tablet Rumors Revived: February 2010 Launch? P.A. Semi Processor?

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/15/...semi-processor

Source:

Taiwanese Suppliers Tap Apple`s Supply Chain of Tablet PCs

http://cens.com//cens/html/en/news/n...ner_29201.html
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMacmatician View Post

I think H1 2010, going from rumors.

Forget the rumors. A lot of people and firms (including Apple) may have their reasons for spreading (false) rumors.

I think it's more useful to use some common sense reasoning instead. What would be the benefit (for Apple) of launching after the biggest shopping season of the year?

Of course, it could be that they just aren't ready yet. I find that hard to believe, given Apple's headstart in touch hardware, software and manufacturing (unibody).

Hopefully, we'll all find out soon enough.

Best,

Daniel
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daniel B View Post

Forget the rumors. A lot of people and firms (including Apple) may have their reasons for spreading (false) rumors.

I think it's more useful to use some common sense reasoning instead. What would be the benefit (for Apple) of launching after the biggest shopping season of the year?

Of course, it could be that they just aren't ready yet. I find that hard to believe, given Apple's headstart in touch hardware, software and manufacturing (unibody).

Hopefully, we'll all find out soon enough.

Best,

Daniel

What do you mean? For years they have been doing that every January at Macworld. 2010 will be no different except that it will be an on campus event instead of Macworld.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Before Summer 2010, with an early showing at CES 2010 a very small possibility.