Apple fires back at Google over Voice app rejection claim

Comments

• Reply 41 of 199
    parkyparky Posts: 383member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

Okay. I'll say it. I think Apple is lying. They are not above lying to someone. Steve Jobs is a salesman, not a saint. His loyalties, contrary to what most here think, are to the shareholders, the current Mrs. Jobs, and his kids. Not necessarily in that order. He would screw over everyone in this forum (lie) if it would sell more products and give him an advantage.

Apple have every right to refuse to sell anything they like, just as chose what they sell in the Retail Stores.

Can you name any other retailer that is forced to sell something they don't want to?
  • Reply 42 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8CoreWhore View Post

Is that all you have to contribute? Explain why you disagree moron!

As a starter, NOwhere in your linked reference does it say, "FCC to approve Google Voice."

In fact, it is not only a rule, or even a proposal as yet. But a "…plan to propose…"

And it has nothing to do whether Apple "rejects" the app afterall.

cc Moderator
  • Reply 43 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parky View Post

Apple have every right to refuse to sell anything they like, just as chose what they sell in the Retail Stores.

Can you name any other retailer that is forced to sell something they don't want to?

As I understand it, many communications companies are required to sell their bandwidth to competitors.
  • Reply 44 of 199
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    GV is not a VoIP service so this FCC proposal doesn't affect it.

And if GV wasn't rejected in Apple words, how can we call pulling out from App Store the third party GV applications that were accepted months ago?
  • Reply 45 of 199
    It's also possible that Apple know GV has a potentially huge bandwidth impact and that by approving GV they might run afoul of their contract with AT&T. Apple and AT&T likely don't want the details of their contract to be made public so Apple has to use other reasons for the long review. If AT&T is scared of Google they wouldn't want to admit it so they're letting Apple use nebulous look and feel criticisms to hide the truth.
  • Reply 46 of 199
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

It's also possible that Apple know GV has a potentially huge bandwidth impac

GV doesn't take bandwith, it's not a VoIP application, it uses cell minutes as normal calls
  • Reply 47 of 199
    Quote:

Okay. I'll say it. I think Apple is lying. They are not above lying to someone. Steve Jobs is a salesman, not a saint. His loyalties, contrary to what most here think, are to the shareholders, the current Mrs. Jobs, and his kids. Not necessarily in that order. He would screw over everyone in this forum (lie) if it would sell more products and give him an advantage.

No! Apple does not lie!

The iPod Touch doesn't have a camera because it's a gaming console, didn't you know that?! Don't believe anyone who says they had to pull that feature at the last minute!
  • Reply 48 of 199
    Quote:

Man, that is quite inflammatory. IMO.

But, I guess that is your right to say so.

I wonder how many here condone your position. I don't.

Anybody?
  • Reply 49 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

You go to the airport and you see that your flight has not arrived as scheduled. So I gather you would say it 'crashed'.

No. I'd say "Looks like Apple didn't approve the Flight Plan". "I need to look for another Airline that is more reliable with approving their flight plans".

Apple has been made to look foolish with this entire matter and those that are apologizing for Apple at this point are looking just as foolish.
  • Reply 50 of 199
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Google CAN put GV on the iPhone as a Web App so it has not been rejected, if Google decides it doesn't want to do that it's Google that's at fault.

GV is still in Beta isn't it?

What gives anyone the right to demand Beta software, it's not like you can walk into Best Buy and demand a Laptop with Windows 7 installed on it.
  • Reply 51 of 199
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

You go to the airport and you see that your flight has not arrived as scheduled. So I gather you would say it 'crashed'.

No, he would say the airline flat out lied about the "scheduled" time

• Reply 52 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreenG4 View Post

As I understand it, many communications companies are required to sell their bandwidth to competitors.

US companies are not allowed to boycott Israel by law.
  • Reply 53 of 199
    Quote:

Anybody?

I do not care if anyone here condones my position. Nor do I care if anyone thinks it is inflammatory. What is anyone here in this forum to me? Nothing more than a bunch of virtual keyboards, each with their own opinion. The difference is that I do not live in Steve Jobs pants and worship in Cupertino. Apple makes some great products. Many of which I happen to own and will continue to own, but I also see Apple for what it is. A company that is business to make money. To give as little as possible to maximize profits. I have no problems with this as I choose to continue my patronage to them. Sooooooo, if you can, prove that Apple is not lying.
  • Reply 54 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sumitagarwal View Post

No! Apple does not lie!

The iPod Touch doesn't have a camera because it's a gaming console, didn't you know that?! Don't believe anyone who says they had to pull that feature at the last minute!

I have not idea what you are talking about. Did I mention a camera anywhere in my post? How did you make this unrelated leap?
  • Reply 55 of 199
    Quote:

Anybody?

I definitely second what the OP said, and if you think otherwise you really need to take a closer look at some of the stuff that has happened and is continuing to happen wrt apple and openness, if thats even a word.
  • Reply 56 of 199
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Sooooooo, if you can, prove that Apple is not lying.

If the app was rejected by Apple then Google could simply produce the rejection notice to prove it.

Why don't they?

Or is the rejection notice next to the birth certificate?

• Reply 57 of 199
    Considering that AT&T's data network speed already s*cks in many locations ... what do you suppose a VoIP app from Google would do to it (if it found widespread acceptance/use)?

I don't own an iPhone, but I use a Samsung Blackjack (for Data/work only) on AT&T and it is terrible, even though they claim "3G" (and it sure is expensive).

I would suspect that Apple's decision has more to do with AT&T then anything else. Why else would they care how someone uses the iPhone after they have made their money from the sale?

If iPhone becomes available on T-mobile, I may give it another thought and while I am ranting: the ipod lineup needs some serious improvements before I buy another one (still using a 1st gen Nano and a 1st gen "Classic"). For now Apple (once again) is a computer company to me. (sorry for going a little off-topic here, but the last ipod "updates" are just so lame).
  • Reply 58 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

If the app was rejected by Apple then Google could simply produce the rejection notice to prove it.

Why don't they?

I highly doubt Apple sent them a rejection letter, considering the phone conversation between two higher ups in both companies. Plus, if Apple know this could blow up wouldn't it suit their needs better to not supply any written communications about this?
  • Reply 59 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toes View Post

Considering that AT&T's data network speed already s*cks in many locations ... what do you suppose a VoIP app from Google would do to it (if it found widespread acceptance/use)?

It's not a VOIP app, it uses the voice channel just like making a call today on your iphone.
  • Reply 60 of 199
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

You can't possibly be serious.

All organization or bureaucracies have a concept of "pending". Meaning, something hasn't been completed, decided, or categorized yet.

If you're claiming that Apple is lying, just say so. While Apple's claim of pending might be dishonest, a stalling tactic, or a ruse... The concept of pending still exists. Claiming otherwise "is just baloney."

The fresh air of a rationale rebuttal devoid of speculation. Thank you.