Boot camp assistent problem

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey guys

Im relatively new to the incredible world of mac.

But i really do need to run windows on my my macbook pro as well, because i need some software for physics class, anyways. I tried boot camp, and created a 32 g partition. but when i was about to install windows xp pro, there was only a c (unknown) partition. I believe there should be a c partiton called bootcamp. But there was none, so eager as I was I just installed it there and it quite frank did not go very well. So had to install os x again and lost all my data and so on. That is not very important right now, but i still want to run windows on my mac, what went wrong?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I'm not familiar with the workings of BootCamp. Never needed the functionality yet (in 24 Mac years). When I really want to run a Windows app – out of pure curiosity: to see what it looks and feels like – I either run it in a virtual machine (VMware Fusion or FREE VirtualBox), under Windows proper, or in CrossOver, i.e. completely without Windows!

Saves me dozens of Gigs of HD space too.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Who knows. But yes, you should see a Boot Camp partition. Now that everything is reinstalled I would give it another shot but if you DON'T see the Boot Camp partition this time, don't install Windows
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I just watched a couple a guides on youtube, and tried again but there was only one partition and it was the wrong size 13000 mb or so. Did not install windows on it, but what the hell is wrong.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBNgBBN View Post

what the hell is wrong.

SL?

If you insist on using BootCamp instead of a virtual machine {like FREE VirtualBox) or CrossOver I would restore Leopard (with Time Machine) and see if I can get BootCamp to work properly under it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Thanks for the tip rocketdude,

the installation with virtualbox went very smooth

So now i can finally do my physics homework

thanks again
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBNgBBN View Post

Thanks for the tip rocketdude,

the installation with virtualbox went very smooth

So now i can finally do my physics homework

thanks again

Wait a minute...: you are grateful to me because now you get to do your homework...?

What's wrong with that picture...!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The more you know,

The further you go.