Snow Leopard & HP LaserJet 4m Plus

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I've found out the hard way that Snow Leopard does not support the same printers as Leopard did and now I'm stuck. I spent the better part of the day researching how to get my HP LaserJet 4m Plus to work with the new OS and got nowhere. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get the printer to work with the new OS? The printer may be old but it functions flawlessly and only has about 50,000 impressions made, so it still has lots of life. I have it hooked up via ethernet and the cable is run under the floor to the other side of the office so adapting a serial/USB would not be doable or practical. I don't have the money to blow on a new printer so I would really like to make this work somehow. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Well since you said any help, I would say try reverting back to Leopard.

On a side note, it seems as though Snow Leopard is really causing more harm than good given the topics I've read on here.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    If I'm not mistaken, this HP printer uses AppleTalk as its communication protocol. AppleTalk is ancient (so is this printer) and not supported in Snow Leopard.