Microsoft to pitch Windows 7 via home parties

Comments

• Reply 41 of 110
    Pathetic...anyone notice that the comments are disabled for that video on youtube.com. I don't think there are any fun activities. I would go if there were enough drinks though.
  • Reply 42 of 110
    I know Microsoft is clueless, but wow! Yes it does remind one of an Onion podcast.

No one needs to make fun of Microsoft. They've got that covered themselves. It's about the only thing they seem to be good at.
  • Reply 43 of 110
    Sell Windows 7 to 8 friends and

• Reply 44 of 110
    This has gotta be the funniest thing in a long time.

My dad and I are still laughing about this. Who came up with it?

Surely a website that promotes Windows 7 with video demonstrations is far better than a party! They must really be strapped for ideas to come up with something like this. If you think about it, the only people who would go to these things are people who already want Windows 7 (I'm thinking nerds and just the general public that cares about it). In that sense, why not just a normal hang out? But more importantly, who are they trying to win over? People who already want to upgrade? And another thing, isn't this for Windows users? 'Cause surely, if there was a Mac user there, they'd totally laugh it off. Web Slices is very similar to Web Clip, but more limited (it must be supported by the site developer) and yet they're touting this feature like they were the first ones to come up with it.
  • Reply 45 of 110
    I'm speechless. What the hell is going on in Redmond? Is Microsoft Bob running the marketing department now?
  • Reply 46 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Sell Windows 7 to 8 friends and

AI better pull this posting off their site. MS is going to sue your ass for everything you have and I'll make sure they know about it. I've got the screen shot and you have the user name with an email associated with it. Along with a posting to all the Tech site and news sites I frequent.

Apology will be posted to all users for this BS.
  • Reply 47 of 110
    Thanks mn3416. Ha, ha, ha. Baghdad Bob has found new employment at Microsoft. He's a survivor.
  • Reply 48 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCad View Post

Thanks mn3416. Ha, ha, ha. Baghdad Bob has found new employment at Microsoft. He's a survivor.

Prince better find new advetisers after the crack posting. Something this simple can keep you in litigation for years. I double AI has the financial backing for that. I'm sure MS would back me.
  • Reply 49 of 110
    Okay NonVendorFan, what's your point? And what does my post have to do with it? Looks like someone's smoking something. I'm not saying who, but.....
  • Reply 50 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCad View Post

Okay NonVendorFan, what's your point? And what does my post have to do with it? Looks like someone's smoking something. I'm not saying who, but.....

I'd say it's obvious you've been doing your own party. I did not reply to you so get over yourself.

Unless you're MJWeb or AI you have nothing that I know of you need to be concerned about. AI on the other hand has a lot to be worried about.

Either AI Apologizes to every room that is up for posting tonight for the posting incase anyone saw the BS or I'll forward it to every Blog, News site and Computer Forum board i go to. I'm a personal iReporter on CNN and use it all the time.
  • Reply 51 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

I'd say it's obvious you've been doing your own party. I did not reply to you so get over yourself.

Unless you're MJWeb or AI you have nothing that I know of you need to be concerned about. AI on the other hand has a lot to be worried about.

Either AI Apologizes to every room that is up for posting tonight for the posting incase anyone saw the BS or I'll forward it to every Blog, News site and Computer Forum board i go to. I'm a personal iReporter on CNN and use it all the time.

Perhaps you can fill us in as to why that posting can be a legal issue. The image is obviously of a police drug raid; the "police" vest to the left clearly gives this away. Unless I'm missing something else entirely. (I'm not being snarky, I'm honestly confused! :? )

However, I do find the post offensive, so in that regards...
  • Reply 52 of 110
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Prince better find new advetisers after the crack posting. Something this simple can keep you in litigation for years. I double AI has the financial backing for that. I'm sure MS would back me.

You are delusional. Advertisers don't even care where their ads run. They just look at the click through stats. Nothing illegal or slanderous here, just dumb. Maybe the picture is rights managed but that is another matter altogether.
  • Reply 53 of 110
    Quote:

Great idea. I'm sure CNN would be all over this "story". Send them links, pictures, names... then wait for the guys in the white coats to show up at your door.

• Reply 54 of 110
    Did anybody notice that this 6 minute Emmey Award winning party-mercial is just the highlight reel? Yes, there's more !

Judging by the oven clock, there's another 75+ riveting minutes deep in the film archives; footage undoubtedly destined for a Special Edition DVD...

Pre-orders at Amazon?
  • Reply 55 of 110
    To NonVendorFan,

You quoted my post in your 11:30 response. Check it out moron. Are you so doped up that you don't remember what you put in your posts?

I just wondered why my post was quoted in your response to someone else. Sorry crackhead, you are the one who is having a party and needs to get over himself.

But to the subject you seem to be obsessed with: there is nothing illegal going on. Some may find it offensive, but it is permitted oh great legal scholar.

Take your meds and go to bed honey. In the morning, go get help.
  • Reply 56 of 110
    Who is all for crashing these windows parties?

Be sure to bring Snow Leopard to demo...if you have a hackintosh to show it on, even better
  • Reply 57 of 110
    I signed up for one of these parties and got picked to do one. I did it for the free copy of windows you get. I was not about to pay for it. Anyways I just live with some room mates so our party is the same as it always is and will be installing it on the bootcamp partition of my MacBook Pro that I sometimes have to use for school.
  • Reply 58 of 110
    Quote:

AI better pull this posting off their site. MS is going to sue your ass for everything you have and I'll make sure they know about it. I've got the screen shot and you have the user name with an email associated with it. Along with a posting to all the Tech site and news sites I frequent.

Apology will be posted to all users for this BS.

NVF... Are you joking or just an idiot?

Honestly, I can't tell.
  • Reply 59 of 110
    I'm looking forward to the "I'm a Mac" ads where PC tries to throw a house party.
  • Reply 60 of 110
    Damn that's an awful commercial/infomercial/tutorial whatever you want to call it. Making it look like they're talking to me and I'm the camera operator's perspective makes me feel like I'm jumping forward and back when it zooms in and out.

Most annoying video direction I've seen since the Green Day "Bullet in a Bible" DVD. At least I could close my eyes with that and just listen to the music.

This is just rubbish. If they really wanted to stick it to Apple they could put in the credits, "Edited with Final Cut Studio on a Mac."