Developers report difficulty uploading to Apple's iTunes Connect

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
iTunes Connect, the service developers use to upload their software to the iPhone App Store, has been unreliable and unresponsive this week, numerous developers have said.

The iTunes Connect service is where developers and artists submit their content to the App Store and iTunes. Developers say that for day this week, they have been consistently unable to upload their software to the service.

Developer Andreas Fink contacted AppleInsider regarding the issue. He said that he's been trying to upload a fix for Global.AQ, an iPhone SMS application, for three days, but has had no luck. Apparently the issue has affected developers regardless of region.

Fink detailed the issues he's had on his blog. After using the Web interface to update the application, the site states that it is loading, but hangs and does not update. After a half-hour, the page refuses to connect.

The developer said he has heard that Apple is aware of the issue. However, he said the company has not responded to his inquiries via e-mail.

On Twitter, dozens of developers have also complained about the issue, using the tag #itunesconnect. Many have jokingly recommended that Apple rename the service "iTunes Disconnect," for their inability to upload files.

Fink first tweeted about the issue on Sept. 22. Since then, numerous other developers have chimed in with the same issues.

Some developers have expressed dissatisfaction with the length of time it takes for software to be approved for the App Store, and what some feel is a lack of communication from Apple on what is or is not acceptable for use on the iPhone and iPod touch. Last week, Apple opened the App Store Resource Center, which is a collection of information designed to assist developers. The site notes that notes that 87 percent of applications are approved within 14 days.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    disconnected
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Sounds like yet another iTunes update coming our way. This elephant 9 is even bigger than before 8! LP's, genius apps, etc, etc. Just keeps getting more bloated and more bloated.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the iTunes Media Player.

I see you spotted the error in your ways and did a rather hasty edit. I'll immortalise your original comment for you. :P
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Disconnected too
  • Reply 4 of 13
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Aaah... it's a nightmare.

It took me 2 days to get my LookSee update up. I've noticed that even logging it itunesconnect.apple.com is taking forver in some cases.

The worst thing is, you email Apple and then there's deft silence. That's the appalling part of this whole shemozzle! Apple's lack of information to it's customers, it's almost as the emails just hit the bit bucket on their end.

Aw well the update is up now... time for a beer!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Chalk another strike on the "disconnected developer" board... Took 2 days to upload my update.

@komplex: I send an email to Apple regarding one of my team members that was unable to login to Connect a few months back... It took 7 weeks to get a reply. Obviously by that point, you would have either figured it out yourself or shot someone. Either way, you're right, Apple sucks at communication. Hard.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

I see you spotted the error in your ways and did a rather hasty edit. I'll immortalise your original comment for you. :P

OMG- thank you for "immortalizing" my mistake!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Developers say that for day this week,

Developers say what?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Now you can witness a new mode of now apple controls content in iTunes.Seems they allow developers into the app store at level one then cut them off at the knees when things are not just right. I recommend holding off on buying that new apple computer until they get it's mind more on the interests of customers.Irresponsible management just doesn't earn points or in this company bonuses when detracting from third party behavior.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by komplex View Post

...and then there's deft silence.

Well, at least they're handling the silence deftly.

Quote:

That's the appalling part of this whole shemozzle!

But kudos for working "shemozzle" into a post. Plus 1.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iTunes Connect, the service developers use to upload their software to the iPhone App Store, has been unreliable and unresponsive this week, numerous developers have said.

I'm glad Apple is more prepared to handle iPhone app developers uploaded software to the iPhone App Store then AT&T's ability to handle MMS...
  • Reply 12 of 13
    It was really annoying, but at least it only looked unresponsive. No problems actually getting things uploaded if you remembered the process, and manually continued as you normally would without waiting for feedback.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arteckx View Post

It was really annoying, but at least it only looked unresponsive. No problems actually getting things uploaded if you remembered the process, and manually continued as you normally would without waiting for feedback.

Agree. No problem from our side.

Looking at the Twitter reference, many duplicate posters/postings, many not having a problem and many just making a nuisance of themselves.

Considering the number of apps that are being reviewed daily and approved, e.g., >1400 apps in a single day last week, and the posting on the ADC listing the current average approval time is 2 weeks, a hiccup in the system is bound to happen.

It's like driving to work in rush hour. it wouldn't matter how wide you made the road, some inconsiderate AH has caused a traffic accident, simply by not following the rules of the road.