I'd like to see...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
An alternative to the bouncing dock-icon alert notification. Maybe that the icon would be pulsating to 50% white like the "default button". Or to 50% transparency... I think both would be less obtrusive and processor intensive than the current implementation...

that's all I had to say, carry on..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    I don't know whether you have your dock hidden, but one thing I like about the bouncing icon is that you can still see it regardless, without the whole dock appearing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by RodUK:

<strong>I don't know whether you have your dock hidden, but one thing I like about the bouncing icon is that you can still see it regardless, without the whole dock appearing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm, I hadn't thought about that... So there goes the chance of Apple ever implementing my suggestion then.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The Software update icon used to have its arrows in its Dock icon flash orage/red when it wanted your attention.

I always thought it would be a good idea to have the icons throb a bit, swell to a bigger size and back down again as an alternative to the big bounce. Thankfully, fewer apps are abusing the bouncing icon alert anyway.