Need help

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I purchased my iMac on June 21. When the Snow Leopard OS came out, I tried to upgrade my Leopard 10.5.8 using this link: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...umber=MC204Z/A

When I tried to qualify my system I was informed my system S/N was not in the Apple system. I went through the registration process again. That didn't work. I called Applecare and was told since I didn't purchase the extended warranty, I didn't qualify for Applecare. Hoverer, I was informed my serial number was in the system and was given a website that would enable me to get the upgrade. It lead me right back to the website that said my serial number was not valid. I've sent two more emails to other Apple contact websites and have not received any response. Apples contact websites appear to me to be like the help lines of most large companies these days. Long on lip service but no real help available and generally point you to webpages that try to sell you something else. .

My question is, does anyone have a phone number for Apple corporate customer service? You know, the one I can call and talk to a real human being and ask them why a company with Apple's reputation cannot seem to keep track of a simple system S/N.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwdoyle41 View Post

does anyone have a phone number for Apple corporate customer service? You know, the one I can call and talk to a real human being and ask them why a company with Apple's reputation cannot seem to keep track of a simple system S/N.

Good luck!

Afaik that has never been possible in the past 25 years...!

Imagine that: a mere user talking to God...