What's your favourite snack?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
What do you like to snack on between meals, during a movie, while studying, etc?

I'm not much of a "snacker", but I do enjoy my ice cream, plain chocolate being my all-time favourite flavour. I'll have the fancy ones though. Currently I'm working on a cherry ice cream with chocolate chunks in it.

Other than that, I tend to go for handfuls of almonds that we roast ourselves. We actually just fry them up in a frying pan, but whatever. They're fantastic, and healthy for you.

I'll also eat these small, individually wrapped milk chocolate squares that my mum received for Christmas. She received quite a bit, so I'm still working on those.

Oh, and bananas, apples, and plums. I'll pretty much eat any fruit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Yeah, ice cream would have to be my favorite. But, I try to go for the lower fat substitutes, like sherbet or frozen yogurt. The latter comes in my favorite flavors: anything that's vanilla based with chocolate and/or peanut butter chunks.

I'll eat pistachios right out of the bag, but don't like other nuts at all. I'll pick them out of stuff that has them mixed in, except for peanuts. But I still wont eat peanuts from the shell or jar. I might also munch on different types of chips (potato or corn). Somehow I see all these as related.

I like most fruits, but as a snack I'll occasionally eat a banana or some raisins.

Other snacks: popsicles, mini candies, chocolate yogurt covered raisins or blueberries, or whatever my wife baked on Saturday. :yum:
  • Reply 2 of 11
    M&M's
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Canned fish, avocados.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Like crack to me.

• Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Like crack to me.

Aww! That too is my favourite.. Kinda addictive..
  • Reply 6 of 11
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Hummus and garlic-stuffed green olives in pita bread. Will this information place me on the DHS no-fly list?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Hummus and garlic-stuffed green olives in pita bread. Will this information place me on the DHS no-fly list?

I wonder..
  • Reply 8 of 11
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I hope not because I've been eating something very similar quite often.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I pretty much gave up snacking. Sometimes before dinner we'll have cheese and crackers out, hummus and something to go with it. At 3pm I have a Kashi bar of some kind. I basically don't eat candy or ice cream anymore. Certainly not as a snack.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SGSStateStudent View Post

What do you like to snack on between meals, during a movie, while studying, etc?

I'm not much of a "snacker", but I do enjoy my ice cream, plain chocolate being my all-time favourite flavour. I'll have the fancy ones though. Currently I'm working on a cherry ice cream with chocolate chunks in it.

Other than that, I tend to go for handfuls of almonds that we roast ourselves. We actually just fry them up in a frying pan, but whatever. They're fantastic, and healthy for you.

I'll also eat these small, individually wrapped milk chocolate squares that my mum received for Christmas. She received quite a bit, so I'm still working on those.

Oh, and bananas, apples, and plums. I'll pretty much eat any fruit.

Dry cereals like cherrios,frosted flakes sometimes and pears. grapes, and cherries.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    One pound bag Twizzlers.

Freezer.

30 minutes or so.

Pure heaven.