Why am I paying for a MicroCell?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have been reading about the AT&T Microcell and some similar products by other wireless providers.

I cannot seem to shake the feeling that I should NOT have to pay for the device. It seems to me that if I am paying for your wireless service and you do not provide good service in my home, you should pay for the devices to make the service I already paid for better.

Why should I have to pay because you do not provide good service.

Can someone explain why I should pay to improve your service?

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I AGREE.

Speaking of improving service. I was in BRYANT PARK at 42nd street in midtown Manhattan today and could not get make a call or send a text message. for a while I had "No Service" but even when I ostensibly had 4 bars, nothing would go through.

Maybe they have to make a portable microcell that taps into Verizon's network so we can get some reliability.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jwink3101 View Post

I have been reading about the AT&T Microcell and some similar products by other wireless providers.

I cannot seem to shake the feeling that I should NOT have to pay for the device. It seems to me that if I am paying for your wireless service and you do not provide good service in my home, you should pay for the devices to make the service I already paid for better.

Why should I have to pay because you do not provide good service.

Can someone explain why I should pay to improve your service?

Thanks,

Justin

• Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mandricard View Post

I AGREE.

Speaking of improving service. I was in BRYANT PARK at 42nd street in midtown Manhattan today and could not get make a call or send a text message. for a while I had "No Service" but even when I ostensibly had 4 bars, nothing would go through.

That tower was just down temporarily while they upgraded it to LTE.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

That tower was just down temporarily while they upgraded it to LTE.

Is that so?

Why, then, am I getting no service RIGHT NOW in Brooklyn, six hours later? I had to call ATT from a landline, not my iPhone. Never have I had such unreliable service from a cell company.