MacBook Pro sleep question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Just got a 15in MBP last night, and have a external monitor and mouse/ tablet plugged into it, as normal when you close the lid on it completely it goes to sleep. My question is though, can I still wake it up even when the top is closed completely? I didn't get around to checking last night as I was too busy installing software on to it, and didn't think that it would work either... just curious.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    If you have a keyboard and mouse plugged in, it's supposed to go into clamshell mode so you can use it while it's shut.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

Just got a 15in MBP last night, and have a external monitor and mouse/ tablet plugged into it, as normal when you close the lid on it completely it goes to sleep. My question is though, can I still wake it up even when the top is closed completely? I didn't get around to checking last night as I was too busy installing software on to it, and didn't think that it would work either... just curious.

yes, hitting a key or moving the mouse should wake it up in clamshell mode, or f7, or unplugging the mouse and replugging if all else fails. if you have another mac, you can use Apple Remote Desktop to wake sleeping computers over your lan. good luck!