Apple's iPhone OS takes 40 percent of Web market share - study

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Maybe I missed the part where it was claimed that iPhone OS had 40% of the smartphone market.

The AI article and the report it is based on makes it quite clear that what is being referred to is Mobile web browsing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eric Perduel View Post

What it actually shows is that Apple is dominating on AdMob network. Nothing more.

Or actually, it also shows how incompetent people shouldn't be anywhere near statistics if they don't have even the slightest clue how to view them without making idiotic statements. There's a reason why statistics is a science. I have studied quite a bit statistics in university and I can admit that I don't have a frickin clue about it. Luckily it's just a part of my major. But even I can see that those images and all AdMob's "stats" (or the stats are of course right but the way they are presented is totally wrong and misleading) are straight from hairy bottom.

http://www.businessinsider.com/no-ap...-market-2009-9

• Reply 22 of 25
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

I suppose it's the new 7610 Supernova which was released in recent years, though I don't know when exactly.

The 7610 Supernova isn't a smartphone. They're definitely talking about the original!
  • Reply 23 of 25
    The key thing I get from this is that China must have an awful lot of people!
  • Reply 24 of 25
    tawilsontawilson Posts: 484member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The iPhone and iPod touch dominate most of the world in the mobile Web browsing battle, taking a 40 percent global total that bests rival Nokia, a new study has found.

In its latest Mobile Metrics Report released Wednesday, AdMob discovered that the iPhone OS market share has increased 7 percent in the last six months, while Nokia's global share has dipped from 43 percent to 34 percent. Research in Motion carries 8 percent in the August report, Android with 7 percent, and Windows Mobile with 4 percent.

I love Apple and want them to gain market share, but...not being funny but these figures are so obviously BS.

All this says it that iPhone apps use AdMob more than any other platform, which I'd definitely agree with as I'd never even seen or heard of AdMob myself until the iPhone started using them.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

I love Apple and want them to gain market share, but...not being funny but these figures are so obviously BS.

Why are they BS, exactly? Not being relevant to the big picture is not the same as being false, which is how I tend to define the use of bullshit in that context. As for marketshare, it?s only good if you can grow financially. Apple is worth more than Dell and HP combined, yet they have considerably more marketshare. Steve Jobs essentially increased his marketshare ranking of the richest Americans despite losing $5B in net worth. I?d wager he cares more about that extra $5B than jumping up a few places.

Quote:

All this says it that iPhone apps use AdMob more than any other platform, which I'd definitely agree with as I'd never even seen or heard of AdMob myself until the iPhone started using them.

I think it says that iPhone apps are dominate on AdMob, but I don?t see how it automatically means that iPhone ads mainly use AdMob.