Can the date be displayed at the top of the screen with the time? (on iPhone)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there anyway to display the date, at the top of the iPhone screen, along with the time?

I think it'd be handy to have it there.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    The only way that I know how to do that is on a jailbroken phone. Not sure if we are allowed to discuss that here however

color bars/color wifi/date, time, memory/ battery percentage all possible.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoenixstudios View Post

The only way that I know how to do that is on a jailbroken phone. Not sure if we are allowed to discuss that here however

Self-censorship inspired by fear, a.k.a. terror.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Self-censorship inspired by fear, a.k.a. terror.

I start to tremble whenever I discuss making iphones really useful, as it usually draws fire from all corners. I am a villainous pirate on a nepali 3g network, a sort of rogue heretic who believes they actually own something bought second hand. I will be shot at dawn.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phoenixstudios View Post

It doesn't matter to me. Discussing it only can make it better.

I'd actually like to be able to scroll info across it so that I could always see it, even if the phone is locked, or maybe even if it's asleep. Weather, date, time, stocks, sports scores, email notices, etc.

Maybe it'll be there in an update....
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

It doesn't matter to me. Discussing it only can make it better.

I'd actually like to be able to scroll info across it so that I could always see it, even if the phone is locked, or maybe even if it's asleep. Weather, date, time, stocks, sports scores, email notices, etc.

Maybe it'll be there in an update....

i don't see that on cydia, perhaps the top bar is just dynamic and not scrollable, or perhaps other developers have seen the light and refuse to scroll info fields (let's pray). I doubt you will see anything developed for display on sleeping phones cheers!