Microsoft considers extending Zune services to Apple users

Comments

• Reply 121 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Apple was certainly around in the 1970's and Bill Gates and Steve Jobs worked together in the 1970's. Learn to read.

In fact let me give you this article that shows you the war was over a long time ago.

http://d5.allthingsd.com/20070530/d5...obs-interview/

I think you need to learn how to read my illiterate friend, Apple was formed on April 1st 1976, not 1970. I don't expect PC users, to know facts or figures, they never can read them properly, to busy calling call centres for help.
  • Reply 122 of 161
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

For all the fanboys,

The Zune looks very appealing to me, so I see no problem with Zune software for the Mac. Just to be fair, iTunes sucks on Windows.

That doesn't surprise us "fanboys".

After all, doesn't everything suck on Windows?
  • Reply 123 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fonejacker View Post

I think you need to learn how to read my illiterate friend, Apple was formed on April 1st 1976, not 1970. I don't expect PC users, to know facts or figures, they never can read them properly, to busy calling call centres for help.

The ('s) means they were started within that decade. I didn't say the exact date was 1970 I said it was in the 1970('s). Get a clue.

If you knew half of what I know about IT you would be in good shape.
  • Reply 124 of 161
    Quote:

The ('s) means they were started within that decade. I didn't say the exact date was 1970 I said it was in the 1970('s). Get a clue.

If you knew half of what I know about IT you would be in good shape.

Obviously you don't know too much as Steve and Billy boy never worked together, MS produced its first product for the Mac, not for PCs, as Windows didn't exist until several years later. And regarding the 1970(s), you picked it up wrong from another PC fanboy who stated 1970 and not the 1970(s), you need the clean your glasses.

If you knew as much as I do about IT, you wouldn't use a PC.
  • Reply 125 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

That doesn't surprise us "fanboys".

After all, doesn't everything suck on Windows?

No actually it doesn't. Even Vista isn't bad. The main problem with Vista at the start was many systems were sold as Vista Ready and they really weren't. Most of the people that bad mouth Vista never really use it.

Lets be honest its not like Leopard hasn't had its share of issue.
  • Reply 126 of 161
    Quote:

Obviously you don't know too much as Steve and Billy boy never worked together, MS produced its first product for the Mac, not for PCs, as Windows didn't exist until several years later. And regarding the 1970(s), you picked it up wrong from another PC fanboy who stated 1970 and not the 1970(s), you need the clean your glasses.

If you knew as much as I do about IT, you wouldn't use a PC.

Steve and Bill have actually worked together on many issues. In fact Steve Job hired Bill Gates to code . I believe he was paid 38,000 at the time.

You are clearly just some angry fanboy that no one can debate. When you get down to looking at a typo your really reaching.

Here I will give you yet another link where Bill and Steve talk about working together.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/30/s...e-from-d-2007/

Seeing you didn't comment on that last one I assume you just want to argue stupid points.
  • Reply 127 of 161
    [QUOTE=extremeskater;1495812]Steve and Bill have actually worked together on many issues. In fact Steve Job hired Bill Gates to code . I believe he was paid 38,000 at the time.

You are clearly just some angry fanboy that no one can debate. When you get down to looking at a typo your really reaching.

I didn't comment on the last one because it was totally irrelevant and stupid to bring a TV debate about their years in the IT industry, the war isn't over, are you really that naive??? Apple and MS are at each others throats, but it seems Apple is the one winning lately. Only PC users argue over stupid points, Mac users just get on with working, and not calling call centres for help.

PC users can't have a debate amongst themselves, let alone with Mac users. I 'm not an angry fanboy, I just love my Mac. It appears PC fanboys like you can't take it. Do you have you PC tech call centre on speed dial???
  • Reply 128 of 161
    [QUOTE=Fonejacker;1495864]
    Quote:

Steve and Bill have actually worked together on many issues. In fact Steve Job hired Bill Gates to code . I believe he was paid 38,000 at the time.

I didn't comment on the last one because it was totally irrelevant and stupid to bring a TV debate about their years in the IT industry, the war isn't over, are you really that naive??? Apple and MS are at each others throats, but it seems Apple is the one winning lately. Only PC users argue over stupid points, Mac users just get on with working, and not calling call centres for help.

PC users can't have a debate amongst themselves, let alone with Mac users. I 'm not an angry fanboy, I just love my Mac. It appears PC fanboys like you can't take it. Do you have you PC tech call centre on speed dial???

What can't we take? I have never understood that comment. I am a Mac user and a PC user. The point is these are tools not something to fall in love with. I have been using a Mac for almost two decades that hardly makes me an Apple basher.

What I don't like is people like you because your attitude is the reason why people think all Apple users are assholes. When people like you use terms like Microshaft or Windoze it just makes you look like a idiot.

And to act like Windows users are jealous is a total joke. Like they can't walk into their local Apple store and buy any product there? You act like you have something they can't have if they wanted it.

Also what makes you think owning a Mac makes you more technical? You cant change anything on your Mac its totally controlled by Apple. You cant even swap hardware if you wanted too. All drivers are controlled by Apple you cant even pick different drivers based on your needs. Third party software is next to nothing. You even have to beg to try and get a system with quad cores.....LOL.

You get what Apple gives you and your stuck with it. I get the system I want based on my needs and I can change it at anytime. You better hope it just always works because you cant do shit if it doesn't until Apple decides to fix it.

As for calling tech support I am tech support. I am sure running a business out of your parents basement makes you feel like you know whats going one but you will get over that.
  • Reply 129 of 161
    [QUOTE=extremeskater;1495983][QUOTE=Fonejacker;1495864]

What can't we take? I have never understood that comment. I am a Mac user and a PC user. The point is these are tools not something to fall in love with. I have been using a Mac for almost two decades that hardly makes me an Apple basher.

What I don't like is people like you because your attitude is the reason why people think all Apple users are assholes. When people like you use terms like Microshaft or Windoze it just makes you look like a idiot.

And to act like Windows users are jealous is a total joke. Like they can't walk into their local Apple store and buy any product there?

I would love for more PC users to go there and be educated and buy Apple stuff.

You can swap a few hardware items actually. Any good Apple tech guy would know this.

Apple does not control all the drivers.

There are thousands of 3rd party software, for Macs.

MS gives you what they want and you are stuck with it.

Like MS doesn't have a monthly virus warnings, and take forever to fix the numerous bugs in windows.

Its hard running a business of 150 people from my parents basement, but what do you know?? Very little, boy do you know how to make assumptions, sweeping statements, talk the same crap that comes from your diapers. You are the ASSHOLE, because you are a PC tech guy.
  • Reply 130 of 161
    [QUOTE=Fonejacker;1496013][QUOTE=extremeskater;1495983]
    Quote:

And to act like Windows users are jealous is a total joke. Like they can't walk into their local Apple store and buy any product there?

I would love for more PC users to go there and be educated and buy Apple stuff.

You can swap a few hardware items actually. Any good Apple tech guy would know this.

Apple does not control all the drivers.

There are thousands of 3rd party software, for Macs.

MS gives you what they want and you are stuck with it.

Like MS doesn't have a monthly virus warnings, and take forever to fix the numerous bugs in windows.

Its hard running a business of 150 people from my parents basement, but what do you know?? Very little, boy do you know how to make assumptions, sweeping statements, talk the same crap that comes from your diapers. You are the ASSHOLE, because you are a PC tech guy.

The only user upgrade you can do is ram we know this. That isn't exactly high tech. Any other upgrades would void your warranty. We also all know this.

Yes Apple controls all your drivers. If you want to change versions of your video card driver please let me know how you would do that. We both know you can't.

Thousands? If you go to this little webside call apple.com you will find under 200 total. You are dreaming.

MS has nothing to do with third party software or drivers. Get a clue what you are talking about.

Just because you have 150 people in your Sims game doesn't mean they work for you. And your mom bringing you down lunch doesn't mean she is your assisant....LOL.
  • Reply 131 of 161
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

As much as I dislike Microsoft and all that they stand for, I hope the Zune is marginally successful. Not because I aspire to ever get one, but simply to keep Apple on their toes and keep price pressure on the iPod. Competition, and all that...

Apple did, in fact, create the whole iPod culture without any pressure or competition from MS, or anyone else for that matter, so I don't think we have to worry about Apple getting complacent. That's not part of their DNA. I think sales of products is what drive prices.
  • Reply 132 of 161
    [QUOTE=extremeskater;1496056][QUOTE=Fonejacker;1496013]
    Quote:

The only user upgrade you can do is ram we know this. That isn't exactly high tech. Any other upgrades would void your warranty. We also all know this.

Yes Apple controls all your drivers. If you want to change versions of your video card driver please let me know how you would do that. We both know you can't.

Thousands? If you go to this little webside call apple.com you will find under 200 total. You are dreaming.

MS has nothing to do with third party software or drivers. Get a clue what you are talking about.

Just because you have 150 people in your Sims game doesn't mean they work for you. And your mom bringing you down lunch doesn't mean she is your assisant....LOL.

Didn't you know you can swap hard drives, optical drives, video cards, as well as RAM without the warranty being effected. There you go, a free education on things Mac. After 33 years in business, you think Apple only has 200 apps!!!!! What a moron you are. Keep on taking those pills, crack etc. I got at least three 3rd party updates without Apple's help or control, recently. Back to answering those PC users problems, added bug features for you boy. You are number 4,167 in the queue, our idiot PC tech guy will be with you, when ever he learns not to talk out of his arse.
  • Reply 133 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Come listed to a blinkered fanboy in full BS mode!

Try using the Zune software. It's very, very nice, and far better than the buggy bloatware that is iTunes.

Does your mummy know you're out?
  • Reply 134 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yuusharo View Post

Just like Tiger was a mess and Leopard is terrific.

I still use Tiger (skipped Leopard waiting for SL). What was a mess about Tiger? From the very beginning I found it to be a very satisfacory OS, thus my willingness to only buy every second OS instead of every one. Please tell me Tiger's "problems" ... I'm truly curious.
  • Reply 135 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Really? Then why is it always sold out at Best Buy here in NY?

It's not hard to sell out an inventory of two.
  • Reply 136 of 161
    Quote:

Or maybe because it's like an actual good device that garnished decent reviews and that like people are actually buying?

Show me some actual and accurate sales figures, then maybe, just maybe, your posts will be more valid. You know, facts rather that opinion.
  • Reply 137 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yuusharo View Post

So now you are an economic analyst who's able to look at data figures of total (presumably worldwide) sales of a device that is only available in *one* country, and through extensive calculations are able to conclude that a product highly rated, highly reviewed, and sells out in almost every retail market chain out there is, indeed, a "flop."

Why not? Isn't that what Windoze users do when comparing one computer company's OS (Apple) against all of the other companies in the whole world (PC). What goes around comes around and all that.
  • Reply 138 of 161
    Quote:

You are incorrect. They are successful because Windows users decide to use them. Over 90% of ipods and iphones are synced to Windows systems.

Windoze users didn't "decide to use them". They screamed blue bloody murder for them until SJ could not ignore them anymore. That's what a well thought out and manufactured product will do for you. MS should try it sometime.
  • Reply 139 of 161
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

Anyhow, I'm glad MS is doing this. Opening up their content to more than just their device is, well, mature.

Or an admission that their device, well, sucks!
  • Reply 140 of 161
    Quote:

Jobs and Co would jailbreak the iPod- just wait. You'd be left with a nice mirror in the Touch's case and a nice paperweight in the iPhone's case or a shingle and a brick- take your pick.

TeckDud, since you seem to have the ability to read minds, when do you get the ability to read yours, since the quality of your posts would seem to suggest you don't have it now?