Apple releases iPhone OS 3.1.2 with glitch, crash fixes

Comments

• Reply 81 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iCarbon View Post

... but I thought it just meant that my phone was dying a slow and agonizing death. I'm glad to see that it was the software, and am excited to see an update!

My 3GS has been terrible these last few weeks. It drops almost half of all calls, it loses reception entirely for minutes in areas which should be brilliant (2G vs 3G also makes no difference). And I've had to do a full restore twice in the time.

I am looking forward to using this new version!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Give me multi- tasking Apple and not next June .

I'd like to run a SIP VoIP client in the background.

But I'd much rather Apple's standard dialing app had SIP built in, so outgoing calls could be routed via either mobile or VoIP, with all the niceties of an Apple app.
  • Reply 82 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Mea culpa! I forgot that you don't comprehend or respond well to objective, adult conversation. I try simple sentences 4 u next time.

No I just don't care for Windbags that feel a forum is a means of expressing their journalistic wanna be articles. Adult enough for you.

Android & Palm are free OS updates over the air. See how simple that is?
  • Reply 83 of 158
    kingkueikingkuei Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

That's a good question, but I haven't noticed a speed increase at all.

These are my usual download speeds:

First off, I'm jealous because I never get

more than 950kbps in my area even with full bars. Arghhh!!!

Are you living in one of the others where HSPA+ is being deployed? http://www.cellphonenews2.com/storie...g_to_HSPA.html

Somehow the announcement by AT&T for rollout of HSPA+ into those markets seems to coincide rather closely with the AT&T 5.6 profile update.
  • Reply 84 of 158
    macnycmacnyc Posts: 342member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Where's the WiFi fix?

Never had a problem connecting with my Time Capsule (with the original iphone, the 3G and the 3GS). I have had problems with my MacBook Pro connecting sometimes though.
  • Reply 85 of 158
    Fine, now when the hell are we going to see hardware upgrades to Macbooks and iMacs. I would like to get on with business here Apple.You have been dragging your feet far too long.
  • Reply 86 of 158
    yuusharoyuusharo Posts: 311member
    Quote:

It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router.

It's not the router that hates the iPhone, it's the iPhone that hates the router, even Apple ones. It's a bug in the bloomin' OS!

No... No I'm pretty sure its your router, dude. I have two linksys routers at home, one WPA 2 and the other an isolated WEP (for older computers only). Both of them work just fine on my iPhone and have been for a year and a half now.

However, my friend's router, about two years old with outdated firmware, drops my iPhone like crazy. It sometimes even does it on a laptop.

I'm fairly confident that its your router.
  • Reply 87 of 158
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Lets see if it fixes the 'no content' bug which appeared with the last update, and the hideously jerky scrolling on the podcast list.
  • Reply 88 of 158
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Mea culpa! I forgot that you don't comprehend or respond well to objective, adult conversation. I try simple sentences 4 u next time.

Amzing to see the venom not pointed at me for once. You're objective - since when? 10am?
  • Reply 89 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apsynknod View Post

Fine, now when the hell are we going to see hardware upgrades to Macbooks and iMacs. I would like to get on with business here Apple.You have been dragging your feet far too long.

You left out the all important mouse. I want toseethenew iMac already.
  • Reply 90 of 158
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

Android & Palm are free OS updates over the air.

I didn't know that... that sounds really nice.

Do they charge over the air too? Because if not, sounds like you still have to plug your phone in every night like every other phone user in the world.
  • Reply 91 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

Basically you pulled your normal too long reply and said that the updates are Free and over the air.

Thanks for explaining why they are. Who needs Mr. Fixit when you haunt this room.

Right-and he's been defending AT&T for the last 2 years. I'd 've embarassed to show my face after living in that delusion.
  • Reply 92 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingKuei View Post

Are you living in one of the others where HSPA+ is being deployed?

Yes I am. Houston is where I call home.
  • Reply 93 of 158
    kingkueikingkuei Posts: 137member
    Quote:

Yes I am. Houston is where I call home.

Lucky you. Gonna get HSPA+ before the rest of us.

On that note though, I have to ammend my previous suggestion that the update enables HSPA+. It appears that both 3GS and 3G users are getting the new carrier file (5.6). Since the 3G does not support HSPA+, and also considering that quickpwn is reporting that the baseband is the same, then I guess that means there's some other reason for the carrier file update. A lot of writers/bloggers suggesting something to do with VOIP on 3G...

Posted from my iPhone
  • Reply 94 of 158
    Quote:

It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router. It is not the router.

It's not the router that hates the iPhone, it's the iPhone that hates the router, even Apple ones. It's a bug in the bloomin' OS!

I agree. I have a harder time attaching to different models of different routers since 3.0. I can no longer attach to my parent's router since 3.0 and above and my signal strength varies heavily in my apt using an AEBS. I can have one bar of signal sitting on my couch not even 7 ft. away from the router and then the next second have full bars. While it did vary with anything below 3.0, not nearly as much. There could be environmental issues or interference from neighbors as well, but who knows.
  • Reply 95 of 158
    Quote:

I agree. I have a harder time attaching to different models of different routers since 3.0. I can no longer attach to my parent's router since 3.0 and above and my signal strength varies heavily in my apt using an AEBS. I can have one bar of signal sitting on my couch not even 7 ft. away from the router and then the next second have full bars. While it did vary with anything below 3.0, not nearly as much. There could be environmental issues or interference from neighbors as well, but who knows.

I've found for 2 or 3 routers I use regularly, it simply doesn't connect reliably (last 2 months or so?).

Always, going into wifi, telling it to "forget this connection", then re-connecting will get me a connection that lasts a while. Not sure if new update fixes this.

(ps. just on a call on 3G and had it drop out with new update. I have switched to 2G and had 2 calls, no prob YET)
  • Reply 96 of 158
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystigo View Post

Why don't you just get a Pre and leave the rest of us alone? I am sure it is just perfect for whatever it is you do. Or don't do judging from the absurd number of boorish comments you post endlessly on this site.

First the Pre is a piece of junk! I honestly don't see how reccomending that hardware helps out anybody with a reasonable multitasking need.

I know that techstud is a bit abrasive and at times less than knowledgeable but that doesn't mean you have to ignore his highlighting real user concerns. User multitasking of apps is one of those features that many could leverage positively. Mote importantly it doesn't impact those that don't need it one bit.

Dave
  • Reply 97 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

First the Pre is a piece of junk! I honestly don't see how reccomending that hardware helps out anybody with a reasonable multitasking need.

I know that techstud is a bit abrasive and at times less than knowledgeable but that doesn't mean you have to ignore his highlighting real user concerns. User multitasking of apps is one of those features that many could leverage positively. Mote importantly it doesn't impact those that don't need it one bit.

Dave

Thank you Dave- I would never buy that plasticy thingy so don't worry.See I take a lot of pictures and constantly am launching and relaunching apps. It would so easy to just back-swipe and get to my last opened app. An update for that now rather than next June would be a real deal sealer for many converts. Everybody on here says "It's already available, Apple just need to unleash it"- I say walk the walk don't just talk the talk.
  • Reply 98 of 158
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystigo View Post

Why don't you just get a Pre and leave the rest of us alone? I am sure it is just perfect for whatever it is you do. Or don't do judging from the absurd number of boorish comments you post endlessly on this site.

The "ignore user" function has improved my enjoyment of this site immensely.
  • Reply 99 of 158
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Give me multi- tasking Apple and not next June .

get over it.
  • Reply 100 of 158
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

get over it.

Yeah techstud get over it. How dare you want a modern feature that every other Smart Phone OS has. Hell you just got MMS are you expecting Apple to pull off miracles?