Best Cable Tuner For Imac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Girlfriend and I just got a new Imac-we are both back to Apple after a trip to the dark side. We want to just have the Imac in our bedroom instead of the TV-we just have standard cable. What is the best tuner available for the Imac? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I use an Elgato tuner and am quite pleased with it. Combined with the EyeTV software (included) and included remote, it would make a fine TV replacement.

(I'm gonna assume you're not using the iMac as JUST a television ... for the $1500 you pay for an iMac + tuner, you could get an awfully nice 46" LCD panel )

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mai...oducts.en.html
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Thanks for the response, but we need something with cable tuning. Is the ATI our only choice?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post

Thanks for the response, but we need something with cable tuning. Is the ATI our only choice?

??? ??? ???

ummm.... that's exactly what the product I mentioned does!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post

Wait, are you talking about using a CableCard with your Mac? The ATI CC tuner is Windows only, and even then it requires a special bios. There is no cable card support in OS X. If you are talking about viewing standard analog cable channels you just need an EyeTV like what was posted before.