Disney turns to Apple's Steve Jobs to spark retail magic

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKWalsh4 View Post

Apple promotes classism? How? Because their products are expensive?

Yes.

I've seen people here say things to the extent of "And if you are too cheap to afford an Apple, you should be using Windows anyways." Seriously, though give me a little while to find those instances, but I've seen it more than once. It's quite offensive. Like when I go to the mall and a guy driving a BMW parks next to my finance's beat up old car and scoffs at him for it, and even moves to park next to a nicer car (its happened on many occasions when we used to live near the mall where the more affluent would go. Welcome to Phoenix where you have two different distinct classes living a mile away from each other.)
  • Reply 42 of 51
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DKWalsh4 View Post

Again, you're missing the point. I never said Microsoft has nothing to do with mobile checkout. Neither does the article. I just don't see any point in your original post other than to start an argument\\get the thread off topic.

You complain when AI focuses on Microsoft, then turn around and take an article that's about Apple and Disney and make it about Microsoft.

That's TeckDud's m.o. .... He's just trying to drag everyone down to his level ... would probably be happier if he just "got a life"
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

What's the matter, Mommy won't take you to Disneyland?

Newbee, did you follow rump'ys link? The The point, to put it simply, Disney is the "devil" in many ways. Read the wiki and you'll understand that what their influence can accomplish. Technically Mickey Mouse is no longer protected under copyright laws but they found a way; bribing politicians.

There are a million other reasons not to like Disney, Eco disaster, wartime propaganda, socio/ political propaganda but I disagree with Rumpy on this point... Disney and Apple have been in bed for year; don't be so outraged.

In a few years time we find a new underdog computer company to be behind while Apple tries to hide its guilty corporate face behind the green movement and a tech savvy lifestyle. LOL Tongue in cheek but yes some of their policies of late have been troubling enough that once Steve is gone I figure all hell will break lose.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

That's TeckDud's m.o. .... He's just trying to drag everyone down to his level ... would probably be happier if he just "got a life"

Sounds like NEWBEE will be first in line at the Disney Store's new Dwarfs bar.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

About the only thing I dislike about shopping in my local apple store is the fact that it's hard to 'check out' when your not buying a big ticket item. You typically end up waiting 5-10 minutes just trying to get someone to check you out. I don't know if this is because they are short on staff, or just poorly managed.

I dunno, every Apple Store I have been to in Nevada, Virginia and California has a terminal at one end of the Genius Bar. The credit car reader is kind of a dead giveaway. Went over to the Town Center Apple store with my mom to get her an AirPort Express - picked it up off the shelf, walked over to the end of the Genius Bar and checked out. Could have probably found someone else to check out with but it wasn't necessary. Stepped aside to wait for a Genius appointment and was asked, politely, a couple of times if we could be helped. That's been my experience at every Apple store I've been in. Indeed, I'm so used to brushing sales people off in other stores, sometimes I start to brush them off when I really need to have them check me out

Perhaps you just look like your perpetually in a foul mood and people naturally don't want to approach you?
  • Reply 46 of 51
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Disney for Adults -- Think Disney but Hooters style. Mmm Tinkerbell costumes... "spicy" version. Now that'll sure spark something...!!! And don't get me started on mermaids... Mmmm ...It could work for straight women and not-straight guys too -- some might like the Beast, the cowboy from Toy Story's got potential and Aladdin's a sure hit once he's anglicised a bit. Hey, it's Alain (sounds French, exotic but safe, no?) and the magic carpet!
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Perhaps you [are] perpetually in a foul mood and people naturally don't want to approach you?

You mean like Teckstud and NonVendorFan?
  • Reply 48 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

Newbee, did you follow rump'ys link? The The point, to put it simply, Disney is the "devil" in many ways. Read the wiki and you'll understand that what their influence can accomplish. Technically Mickey Mouse is no longer protected under copyright laws but they found a way; bribing politicians.

There are a million other reasons not to like Disney, Eco disaster, wartime propaganda, socio/ political propaganda but I disagree with Rumpy on this point... Disney and Apple have been in bed for year; don't be so outraged.

In a few years time we find a new underdog computer company to be behind while Apple tries to hide its guilty corporate face behind the green movement and a tech savvy lifestyle. LOL Tongue in cheek but yes some of their policies of late have been troubling enough that once Steve is gone I figure all hell will break lose.

When Steve is gone (from Apple), and I do now feel the Force slipping from him (the Force, not his life, hopefully)... Well yeah when Steve is gone from Apple the company will slowly become more like other companies. Apple is not, and never was, perfect, but they sure taught the world a few things.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Quote:

First Apple , now Disney. Next thing you know TeckDud will use his "expertise" to slam Apple pie.

Well, he sure ain't a fan of Apples, so he's probably not into the pie...!
  • Reply 50 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

I can see this turning into free babysitting for parents if its not done properly... which doesn't do Disney much good.

That will never happen - the parents will have to drag their kids kicking and screaming from the toys and will end up buying them something just to shut them up. Plus, whilst the kids are quietly playing, it gives the parents space to buy ridiculously expensive holidays rather than $9.99 toys. It's a great marketing strategy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJRumpy View Post

IMO, It's a little sad that Apple is associating with Disney in any sort of collaboration.

Isn't Steve Jobs one of the largest shareholders of Disney anyway?
  • Reply 51 of 51
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

I dunno, every Apple Store I have been to in Nevada, Virginia and California has a terminal at one end of the Genius Bar. The credit car reader is kind of a dead giveaway. Went over to the Town Center Apple store with my mom to get her an AirPort Express - picked it up off the shelf, walked over to the end of the Genius Bar and checked out. Could have probably found someone else to check out with but it wasn't necessary. Stepped aside to wait for a Genius appointment and was asked, politely, a couple of times if we could be helped. That's been my experience at every Apple store I've been in. Indeed, I'm so used to brushing sales people off in other stores, sometimes I start to brush them off when I really need to have them check me out

Perhaps you just look like your perpetually in a foul mood and people naturally don't want to approach you?

Actually no, I was in a fine mood, but in any case, it shouldn't matter how I look. I am a customer and should be treated promptly. The workings of this particular Apple store probably just need some polish. Oddly enough, when I've gone in for service, I don't have an issue. Only when actually purchasing something from this store, is it hard to nail someone down to do the checkout (and yes, I'm standing right in front of the PC they do the checkout from).