entourage issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited June 2014
we have a mac book that we run entourage 11.4.0 on. We are constantly receiving an error message about two different emails that the program is trying to send. However, I am unable to locate any of those emails in my sent,and deleted emails. One of the errors is error number 5.2.3 (message too big to send) and error 4.5.3 (too many recipients). I have my entourage setup to receive my emails from my other email accounts, one is gmail the other is mobile me. I cannot find any of the emails in either account. My question is, how do i get entourage to stop trying to send these two emails?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Do you have to use Entourage? It's quite a vile program. Try Mail instead.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Although it's not really a solution and more of an evasion of the problem, I have to agree with Mr. H. Entourage is a horrible piece of software when compared to Mail, especially when you're using MobileMe (Apple) and something as open-platformed as Gmail.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Excellent troubleshooting from the community here \

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Doctor: Don't do that!

Have you checked in your outbox? It sounds like you have mail waiting to be sent.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slyinthedam View Post

Excellent troubleshooting from the community here \

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this.

Doctor: Don't do that!

Have you checked in your outbox? It sounds like you have mail waiting to be sent.

--Yes i have checked my outbox, inbox, and deleted mail. i have even done a search searching for the two specific emails that entourage keeps trying to send but with no luck. I want to know if there is a way to stop the program from trying to send these two emails without having to uninstall and reinstall the program....

Thank You
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Hmm, if they are not showing up in a search, it might be the entourage DB is corrupted. Have a look at this link about how to repair the entourage db.

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/corrupt.html
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slyinthedam View Post

Hmm, if they are not showing up in a search, it might be the entourage DB is corrupted. Have a look at this link about how to repair the entourage db.

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/corrupt.html

I'd have to agree on the database issue. Give a repair a try and all should be well.

Entourage is really a much more powerful and capable app than Mail, which does it's intended task just fine. For the pro user who wants one app to organize it all, Entourage is hard to beat. Microsoft had to get it right eventually due to sheer volume.

Now, when were they going to fully implement Exchange support...
  • Reply 7 of 9

MS Entourage is email client software which supports Windows OS and PST file formats for Windows and Outlook. Entourage Database corrupts and results to inaccessibility of data the reason behind corruption can be many like:

1. ·        Due to virus infection

2. ·        Due to some missing files.

3. ·        Damaged Identity

4. ·        Improper shutdown is also the reason behind its corruption

5. ·        Broken Application

6. ·         Corrupted header of the database is one of the reason

?

·        Database structure corruption can also lead to corruption of Entourage Database.

The difficult task is to repair the Entourage Database. To repair the data you need a powerful Entourage Repair Tool which allows the user to recover lost data.

• Reply 8 of 9

MS Entourage is email client software which supports Windows OS and PST file formats for Windows and Outlook. Entourage Database corrupts and results to inaccessibility of data the reason behind corruption can be many like:

• Due to virus infection

• Due to some missing files.

• Damaged Identity

• Improper shutdown is also the reason behind its corruption

• Broken Application

•  Corrupted header of the database is one of the reason

• Database structure corruption can also lead to corruption of Entourage Database.

The difficult task is to repair the Entourage Database. To repair the data you need a powerful Entourage Repair Tool which allows the user to recover lost data.

• Reply 9 of 9

Hi,

If you have any issue related to entourage, then you need to solve this problem so that you won't face any such type of problem in future. You should use Entourage Repair Tool which is an excellent repair software that can solve the entourage issue. This tool allows users to retrieve entourage database from RGE files. It totally scans the database files and repair the issue.