Convergence on 10-22? Press Battle Royal???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The following is Speculation and nothing but speculation.

It has occurred to me that several things are about to happen.

1)\tWe know the Apple Store in the Mission Viejo Mall must be close to re-opening (X-Mas shoping season)

2)\tWe know very close to it is one of Microsoft?s new stores (also to open soon).

3)\tWe know that Windows 7 will be released on 10-22-2009, a Thursday. What a great time to open their new store!

4)\tWe THINK Apple is ready to release new Imacs, Macbooks, Minis, etc.

5)\tApple usually announces on Tuesdays, but sometimes Wednesdays.

Hmmmm.

Is it possible Apple would like to completely upstage Microsoft by having mobs of people looking at their new store and new (cheaper) computers just when Microsoft opens their store?

Oh, yes, there just might be a few TV reporters around too.

Priceless!

I could be nuts.

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    It makes sense for them to do something like this and draw attention away from Microsoft's store openings and the Windows 7 launch - trouble is, the Microsoft stores are right next to Apple's so it will probably have the opposite effect. Shoppers will be looking at both anyway.

The question would be what's the lesser of two evils: drawing a crowd with new products and pulling crowds close to Microsoft's stores or not having new products when Microsoft launch their products?

Apple haven't announced an event yet though - if it was next week, they'd probably announce it this weekend.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Looks like it's ON!

The Apple online store is down!

Let the games BEGIN!!!

(I'm getting my credit cards out now.)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arklab View Post

The following is Speculation and nothing but speculation.

It has occurred to me that several things are about to happen.

1)\tWe know the Apple Store in the Mission Viejo Mall must be close to re-opening (X-Mas shoping season)

2)\tWe know very close to it is one of Microsoft?s new stores (also to open soon).

3)\tWe know that Windows 7 will be released on 10-22-2009, a Thursday. What a great time to open their new store!

4)\tWe THINK Apple is ready to release new Imacs, Macbooks, Minis, etc.

5)\tApple usually announces on Tuesdays, but sometimes Wednesdays.

Hmmmm.

Is it possible Apple would like to completely upstage Microsoft by having mobs of people looking at their new store and new (cheaper) computers just when Microsoft opens their store?

Oh, yes, there just might be a few TV reporters around too.

Priceless!

I could be nuts.

What do you think?

I think there are few more Apple Stores and Apple resellers out there than just that Mission Viejo one, arklab. Seems a bit autistic to expect the whole world to revolve around just that particular one.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

I think there are few more Apple Stores and Apple resellers out there than just that Mission Viejo one, arklab. Seems a bit autistic to expect the whole world to revolve around just that particular one.

Beg to differ, Rocket

Not when there is just ONE location (in the world) where a new Microsoft Store and an Apple Store are in the same place, just a few yards apart!

And that Apple store has the same boarded-up exterior as the new MS store since its being totally remodeled.

Think about it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Well, I'm off by a week, at least.

Today Microsoft dodged Mission Viejo and opened there first store in Scottsdale Arizona.

The Mission Viejo MS store is scheduled to open in another week, on 10-27-2009.

The Apple store? Who knows?

It WILL be interesting!