Sources reveal part of Apple's new Mac product lineup

Comments

• Reply 21 of 186
    emveeemvee Posts: 27member
    This might get interesting. I've been waiting with ordering my first iMac since September and am hitting the F5 button every minute.
  • Reply 22 of 186
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Hmm.. Mac Mini will no optical drive? Will it get an SD card slot and card with SL on it? Is this an Impending trend?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by floccus View Post

These are most likely silent updates, so there may or may not be a press release. They've done this before with what they consider 'minor' updates but us as fanboys obviously obsess over (OMG! they just introduced a new model vesa mount! Suck that MS!, etc.)

I was going to state the same thing. If memory serves and history holds, the Special Event will be announced in a couple days and will be held at 10am PST next Tuesday.
  • Reply 23 of 186
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I would love quad (core) iMac.

Hi all!

[Next month is ELEVEN YEARS as a registered AI forum member... oldest on record!]
  • Reply 24 of 186
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grebo View Post

OMG, a new K84 BEST BTR??? I've been waiting for that FOREVER!

Random WAG... (wild-assed guess) this is the Headless iMac (sorry I had to)
  • Reply 25 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

New Mag Safe? Woo Hoo!

yeah, its far to useful to have all previous mag-safes work with current computers. Its about time apple changes the shape of the input just a little so they won't anymore.

\
  • Reply 26 of 186
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

Very Interesting?

No optical?!?! Well I did read somewhere (maybe here?) that someone was floating a crazy rumor that Apple was going to release a mini with OS X SERVER preinstalled.

Odd but who knows... sure seems like an odd matchup but no more so then a Mac mini with NO optical drive. /shrug
  • Reply 27 of 186
    Quote:

which appear to include new Mac minis (one with two hard drives and no optical drive)

MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

Interesting. Its a 2.53GHz, with 2 2GB sticks of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, no optical drive, Airport and Bluetooth. So is that a 3.5" hard drive taking the space of the usual 2.5" and optical drive, or 2 2.5" 500GB drives with the second drive in place of the optical? It did say somewhere about the possibility of a Mac Mini being sold with OS X Server, maybe its this with no optical drive?
  • Reply 28 of 186
    If they intoduce a new headless Mac of some kind (between the Mini and the Mac Pro) I'll eat my hat. Right after I scrape the egg off my face.
  • Reply 29 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

MC408LL/A - MAC MINI 2.53/2x2GB/1TB/NO ODD/AP-BT-USA

Very Interesting?

No Optical Disk Drive. Same case, no biggie Mini.
  • Reply 30 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scmartinez View Post

Apple Online Store currently down for updates!

Down for over an hour now. I wonder if they are winging the code now...
  • Reply 31 of 186
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    16:9 ratio + no blu-ray = worthless
  • Reply 32 of 186
    K84 Best BTR

K84-Keyboard with 84 keys?

Best - well its apple?

BTR=BlueTooth Remote?

So maybe its an updated slim keyboard
  • Reply 33 of 186
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Interesting. Its a 2.53GHz, with 2 2GB sticks of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, no optical drive, Airport and Bluetooth. So is that a 3.5" hard drive taking the space of the usual 2.5" and optical drive, or 2 2.5" 500GB drives with the second drive in place of the optical? It did say somewhere about the possibility of a Mac Mini being sold with OS X Server, maybe its this with no optical drive?

I would guess 2 x 2.5 drives because a 3.5 drive is just too long to put in there. Plus the put out a lot of heat and the drive cages would have to be seriously redesigned.
  • Reply 34 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Can't argue with the wife

Sure you can! However I can't guarantee you will sleep in the same bed that night. Where's my new and improved mouse? That's all I care about. I have a great 17" Santa Rosa MacBook Pro for over 2 years and it will continue to serve me well for the time being.
  • Reply 35 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

16:9 ratio + no blu-ray = worthless

No offense but I really don't like the 16:9 ratios. I have an Averatec PC with it and while it's growing on me, I'm still on the other side of the fence. That is the trend to "fill the screen" when watching a movie, but I never minded the black strips.
  • Reply 36 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

Down for over an hour now. I wonder if they are winging the code now...

No- they're just jerking your chain.
  • Reply 37 of 186
    my mac mini is out of date! so sad!
  • Reply 38 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xwiredtva View Post

No offense but I really don't like the 16:9 ratios. I have an Averatec PC with it and while it's growing on me, I'm still on the other side of the fence. That is the trend to "fill the screen" when watching a movie, but I never minded the black strips.

You get more info displayed via anamorphic 16:9 than letterbox off a DVD provided it's encoded with it.
  • Reply 39 of 186
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Most likely two 500 GB HDDs.

It will be interesting to see what Apple's solution is for loading software. I doubt you'd want to use the SD card slot on an inkjet printer or something like that.
  • Reply 40 of 186
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,646member
    22" iMac I see.