Apple unveils new iMacs with 21.5 and 27-inch displays

Comments

• Reply 581 of 853
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NonVendorFan View Post

They haven't sold the original Vaio in about 3 years (I'm guessing).

Go to Sony.com. Every single Vaio sold today, including their P series starting at $849 has HDMI standard.

Get over it. You are wrong.

Are you sure you want to maintain that stance? I’ll give you a chance to change your post.

Again with the lack of reading comprehension. I never stated it was the original Vaio. How you have now come to that conclusion is simply remarkable. And you did by ignoring my initial comment about it be carbon fiber.

Yes, the P series has HDMI. Did you check every series or just jump to Z and then the P when I called you out on your poor thought process. I’m not even sure this Vaio is officially out yet. If it’s not, it’s surely coming soon.
  • Reply 582 of 853
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Are you sure you want to maintain that stance? I?ll give you a chance to change your post.

Again with the lack of reading comprehension. I never stated it was the original Vaio. How you have now come to that conclusion is simply remarkable. And you did by ignoring my initial comment about it be carbon fiber.

Yes, the P series has HDMI. Did you check every series or just jump to Z and then the P when I called you out on your poor thought process. I?m not even sure this Vaio is officially out yet. If it?s not, it?s surely coming soon.

I give. You can't reason with the mentally challenged.

I'll type this very slow for you sloppyism. Not that there is anything wrong with being mentally challenged.
  • Reply 583 of 853
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

They haven't sold the original Vaio in about 3 years (I'm guessing).

Go to Sony.com. Every single Vaio sold today, including their P series starting at $849 has HDMI standard.

Get over it. You are wrong.

Edit. Are you seeing how checking your facts are Fundamental, as well as reading & understanding them before you spew a line of BS?

VGA? Sony's had HDMI for at least the 2 years that I've been looking . What is he talking about? Even the small SL series has HDMI.

I had a similar"discussion" with him a year ago about their hybrid screens.
  • Reply 584 of 853
    Quote:

I give. You can't reason with the mentally challenged.

I'll type this very slow for you sloppyism. Not that there is anything wrong with being mentally challenged.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

VGA? Sony's had HDMI for at least the 2 years that I've been looking . What is he talking about? Even the small SL series has HDMI.

I had a similar"discussion" with him a year ago about their hybrid screens.

You really need this much hand holding? They only have 10 series and only a couple would even be carbon fiber. Then I gave you hints along the way. Not that is was needed when a simple Google search of the correct words would have found it right away. Reading Is Fundamental!
    How you two haven’t won a Darwin Award by this point is quite remarkable. You two must be the luckiest fuckers in the world which makes me wonder why you both as so bitter.
  • Reply 585 of 853
    Quote:

You really need this much hand holding? They only have 10 series and only a couple would even be carbon fiber. Then I gave you hints along the way. Not that is was needed when a simple Google search of the correct words would have found it right away. Reading Is Fundamental!
    How you two haven’t won a Darwin Award by this point is quite remarkable. You two must be the luckiest fuckers in the world which makes me wonder why you both as so bitter.

Yo Darwin. you screwed up your link again. Remove the http:// before you paste your results.

Darwin. The post isn't about carbon it's about Vaio and HDMI. Go to bed and quit embarrassing yourself. It's getting really tough to see a teenager to go to such efforts to prove himself right. Fortunately for the rest of the crowd your orginal link was saved before you changed it DARWIN.

X didn't mark the spot until you fix the link to a search result that didn't have anything to do with your line of BS you were spewing.
  • Reply 586 of 853
    Quote:

Yo Darwin. you screwed up your link again. Remove the http:// before you paste your results.

Darwin. The post isn't about carbon it's about Vaio and HDMI. Go to bed and quit embarrassing yourself. It's getting really tough to see a teenager to go to such efforts to prove himself right.

X didn't mark the spot until you fix the link to a search result that didn't have anything to do with your line of BS you were spewing.

1) My link is fine.

2) ?You can still buy a $1300 carbon fiber Sony Vaio that only has VGA? has been shown to be true despite your protests that it can?t possibly be true.

3) Time for you to ba-ba-ba-backpedal.
  • Reply 587 of 853
    Quote:

1) My link is fine.

2) “You can still buy a $1300 carbon fiber Sony Vaio that only has VGA” has been shown to be true despite your protests that it can’t possibly be true.

3) Time for you to ba-ba-ba-backpedal.

Darwin. The X series isn't even shipping yet and it is meant to compete with the MacBook Air.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644667495

You can pre oder it here.

Ask your mom for your tricycle so you can back pedal.

Quote:

2) “You can still buy a $1300 carbon fiber Sony Vaio that only has VGA” has been shown to be true despite your protests that it can’t possibly be true.

You can't even buy it yet Darwin.
  • Reply 588 of 853
    it seems so seeing "27-inch models also support input from external DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately)." on the product spec page. dose this mean I can plug my macbook pro to imac 27', and use the 27' as external display for my MBP?
  • Reply 589 of 853
    Quote:

Darwin. The X series isn't even shipping yet and it is meant to compete with the MacBook Air.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644667495

You can pre oder it here.

1) I mentioned that it might not be shipping yet. Which was a clue that it was a new machine yet you thought it as the original Vaio.

2) You say it meant to compete with the MBA, but the MBA has DisplayPort, which is backwards compatible with HDMI and DVI. Want to rethink your stance again? Don’t hyperventilate.

3) Pre-ordering is buying, but is really the backpedal you want to go for. The “I knew about that machine but since it’s only available for pre oder[sic] I didn’t think it could be that” defense. Seriously, go with the Chewbacca defense instead.
  • Reply 590 of 853
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by howaa View Post

it seems so seeing "27-inch models also support input from external DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately)." on the product spec page. dose this mean I can plug my macbook pro to imac 27', and use the 27' as external display for my MBP?

Yes you can.
  • Reply 591 of 853
    Quote:

It does read that way. I missed that spec on my initial pass. I wonder if Apple will sell the adapter. I'm gonna check them out in the stores in a few weeks when they show up.
  • Reply 592 of 853
    Quote:

1) I mentioned that it might not be shipping yet. Which was a clue that it was a new machine yet you thought it as the original Vaio.

2) You say it meant to compete with the MBA, but the MBA has DisplayPort, which is backwards compatible with HDMI and DVI. Want to rethink your stance again? Don?t hyperventilate.

You are pathetic.
  • Reply 593 of 853
    Quote:

You are pathetic.

Backed yourself into a corner did we? Time for you to throw insults like anxiety ridden monkeys sling pooh.
  • Reply 594 of 853
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yes you can.

thanks! that's in my view is great value add from previous imacs and the 21.5, though it doesn't seem to attract much interest from other people...
  • Reply 595 of 853
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

It does read that way. I missed that spec on my initial pass. I wonder if Apple will sell the adapter. I'm gonna check them out in the stores in a few weeks when they show up.

It depends on the MBP model, but if it is newer with the mDP then you just need a cable like the one below. That is a 3ft male mini-DP to male mini-DP cable from Monoprice for $5. If a dual-link DVI or mini-DVI adapter is needed they sell those too pretty cheap.
  • Reply 596 of 853
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

None that come with a computer that is available retail, mostly on FireGL or Quadro, and good luck trying to find a DP display. Displayport has had years and its not gaining any traction. Even Apple's efforts haven't been able to jump start it. I'm sorry, but HDMI is the connector that's moving forward.

I have a Dell Optiplex sitting next to me that has dual display ports on its ATI video card
  • Reply 597 of 853
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yes you can.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

will the "input" be using the video input port on the back? if that's the case, there should be adapter of DP input and video output already out there, I guess?
  • Reply 598 of 853
    Quote:

It depends on the MBP model, but if it is newer with the mDP then you just need a cable like the one below. That is a 3ft male mini-DP to male mini-DP cable from Monoprice for $5. If a dual-link DVI or mini-DVI adapter is needed they sell those too pretty cheap.

so this has nothing to do with the "video input" port on the back of the machine?
  • Reply 599 of 853
    Quote:

Quote:

so this has nothing to do with the "video input" port on the back of the machine?

i was confused, there is no "video in" port, it's all about the mDP...
  • Reply 600 of 853
    Quote:

The Tech Specs specifically state
    Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately). 27-inch models also support input from external DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately).
    That means you?ll need a different cable than the one I listed. One with a male DP on one end and a male mini-DP on the other. Monoprice sells these, too. this means you don?t need to have a separate adapter on the iMac?s video in if you don?t want to.