Apple's new Magic Mouse disassembled with pictures

Comments

• Reply 81 of 129
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

There's nothing in the link you provide that would support the claim that the Magic Mouse does not have good ergonomics. Nor do reviewers who have used it for at most a day (and many of them probably all of 5 minutes) have any basis for the assertion.

"Using your digits to dance," may not currently be the norm, but it may turn out to be much more ergonomic than traditional buttons. Setting a trackpad to respond to touch and not using it as a button at all is, in my experience, much more ergonomic. The only problem there is that on MacBooks it's in a somewhat awkward position. Having a standalone touch device off to the side, in a more natural position, seems the best arrangement.

And, you don't, "[Prop] up your fingertips," on it, "like a ballerina." You hold it just like the hand in Apple's pictures does and just make small movements of your fingertips. In 3 months, everyone will be rushing copies of this design to the market. Some of them may work better than Apple's, which is fine, but I think the non-ergonomic charges will fade away like breath on a cold morning.

I could not agree more!
  • Reply 82 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Must be nice to have $70+ to burn.

It IS.

Its really nice.
  • Reply 83 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Just like buying a pair of gloves or shoes, why would anybody buy or even comment unilaterally one way or another any mouse without seeing and using if first hand?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

why would anyone "buy" (assume) this (is) next disaster without seeing and using it first hand?

History, odds are that I'm right.
  • Reply 84 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Later guys. I'm headed over to BestBuy to get a copy of Windows 7.

Well at least you wont have to wait in line.
  • Reply 85 of 129
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

I could not agree more!

Passing judgement before actually seeing it now NEWBEE?
  • Reply 86 of 129
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Me? Did you read the post I was responding to? What does my cable bill have to do with pre-ordering a mouse I haven't read a full review of nor even touched?

Your cable bill has nothing to do with preordering a mouse. It does have to do with exactly what you wrote - "Must be nice to have $70+ to burn."

My point is that you spend MORE than $70/month to burn on something yet your post hints that spending $70 one time on something that will be used for a year or more would not be possible by Joe Blue Collar.
  • Reply 87 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

It IS.

Its really nice.

Maybe you should invest instead in a grammar class for your $70. It's "it's", not "its".
  • Reply 88 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Your cable bill has nothing to do with preordering a mouse. It does have to do with exactly what you wrote - "Must be nice to have $70+ to burn."

My point is that you spend MORE than $70/month to burn on something yet your post hints that spending $70 one time on something that will be used for a year or more would not be possible by Joe Blue Collar.

Unless you don't like it for whatever reason and it winds up in the trash. JEESH. Think please before you post.

I spend $70+/mo on my cable bill because I get satisfaction from it; otherwise I would have cancelled it. I'm neither a TimeWarner Cable fanboy nor stockholder.
  • Reply 89 of 129
    Quote:

Well then will you stop sipping, put down that Koolatra brew and get on with it?

Sure, Why not? .... I can type with one hand.
  • Reply 90 of 129
    Quote:

Sure, Why not? .... I can type with one hand.

Seroiusly are you going to Apple Vancouver soon to check it out?
  • Reply 91 of 129
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Unless you don't like it for whatever reason and it winds up in the trash. JEESH. Think please before you post.

Or you can return it for your money back. $70 seems to be enough to make it worth returning if you don't like it. If you wait longer than the store allows for a return, throw it for sale online, I'm pretty sure you could get two thirds of your money back.

Don't you think you're carrying on a bit much on this? I don't plan to buy it, but I'm not making a big fuss about it. The Logitech mouse I like is $10, fits me, is low maintenance and lasts many years. I'm sure there are options for you out there.
  • Reply 92 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

History, odds are that I'm right.

The great thing about odds is that every once in awhile they get "defied". I'll still wait until I use the magic mouse before I post my opinion about it. That way it may be more credible.
  • Reply 93 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Or you can return it for your money back. $70 seems to be enough to make it worth returning if you don't like it. If you wait longer than the store allows for a return, throw it for sale online, I'm pretty sure you could get two thirds of your money back.

Don't you think you're carrying on a bit much on this? I don't plan to buy it, but I'm not making a big fuss about it. The Logitech mouse I like is $10, fits me, is low maintenance and lasts many years. I'm sure there are options for you out there.

I'm not carrying on at all about it. I could care less how people spend their money- as I said different strokes.... I'm just responding to someone comparing speding habits that make no sense. But many of us on here would rather wait and actually see it and read about it before throwing money at it.
  • Reply 94 of 129
    Quote:

Passing judgement before actually seeing it now NEWBEE?

"Using your digits to dance," may not currently be the norm, but it may turn out to be much more ergonomic than traditional buttons".

Notice the use of the word "may" ... hence my willingness to agree. imho I find it best to read all the words.
  • Reply 95 of 129
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

I'm not carrying on at all about it. I could care less how people spend their money- as I said different strokes.... I'm just responding to someone comparing speding habits that make no sense. But many of us on here would rather wait and actually see it and read about it before throwing money at it.

That's fine, but it's usually not a big deal to return it if it doesn't work out. There are several reviews out there already. Except for Apple products, it's getting harder to try things out before buying anyway. But that's probably not so true for you in NYC, but Best Buy is about the only place close to me that has several mice on display, and it's maybe 10 different kinds, none of them connected to a computer.
  • Reply 96 of 129
    Quote:

Seroiusly are you going to Apple Vancouver soon to check it out?

Yes, but It won't be for a week or so ...... kinda busy for next 2 weeks .... Also I'm almost afraid to check out new iMacs ... mine is only 3 years old and with new capacity I'm putting in, it's kinda hard for me to justify new machine , no matter how much I may like it.
  • Reply 97 of 129
    Quote:

The great thing about odds is that every once in awhile they get "defied". I'll still wait until I use the magic mouse before I post my opinion about it. That way it may be more credible.

don't make the mistake of thinking your opinion will be taken as credible.
  • Reply 98 of 129
    Quote:

Already a controversial product:

http://www.i4u.com/article27784.html

Leave it to CNET, Microsoft shill extraordinaire, to take shots at an Apple product.

Actually, ALL mice have "ergonomic issues", so pointing the cursor at Apple is pretty disingenuous.

Trackballs and stylus-based tablets are much better, ergonomically speaking.

Still, I'd like to see the thing. Does it run on unicorn tears?
  • Reply 99 of 129
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I won't be getting one until I see a wired version, which I doubt will happen ever. I already have to replace batteries as it is with a Wiimote, so now another battery infested device? No thanks.

We all hope you're using rechargeable batteries.
  • Reply 100 of 129
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Is that for real or Apple spin?

It's real. Not Techstud spin. There's another laser mouse out. They track much better, even on a glass table surface. I don't know about Apple's, but the other, I think it's Microsoft model, reads the dust on the surface.

I'm going to get one to play with, though I don't like mice. Yesterday when I went to the Apple store in the meatpacking district here, the only new product they had was the Macbook, which I'm not interested in looking at.