Burger King sells Windows 7 Whoppers as Microsoft begins Guru training

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Notice that most of the demonstration phase of the interview was spent looking at hardware, including a Dell notebook that looked like a MacBook Air though wider in the hips and a significant part of the discussion involved Apple.

At least no one could accuse AI of orchestrating the interview (could they?)!

Matt Lauer and Al Roker are bigtime Apple fans. I've seen Lauer in the Apple store. Roker loves his iPhone.
  • Reply 22 of 72
    seen this earlier , made me laugh..

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/e...rrenting-party
  • Reply 23 of 72
    Burger King, huh?

Maybe MS can get the MS choir of past commercials and sing the new and improved BK MS song...

It goes something like this...

"Hold the Malware, Hold the Viruses,

Win 7 Registrations will just mire us.

All we ask is that you let us

c:/ crash it our way

Call a Guru, call them today.

Call a Guru, call them today...."

MS Gurus available at all two MS stores...
  • Reply 24 of 72
    Is it just me or does this Windows guru look a bit like Kim Jong-Il?
  • Reply 25 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Microsoft has also paid for a Windows 7-centric special episode of the Fox animated comedy "Family Guy." Entitled "Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show," it will air commercial-free on Sunday, Nov. 8 at 8:30 p.m. EST and PST.

commercial-free??? so promoting W7 is what?
  • Reply 26 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

So what did they do when Windows 95 was released?

become an official IT cancer
  • Reply 27 of 72
    Ballmer actually seemed pretty tame on the Today Show!
  • Reply 28 of 72
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drow_Swordsman View Post

Ballmer actually seemed pretty tame on the Today Show!

Right? but you could see he's holding back- ready to let loose. Can you imagine him today at 3pm? then happy hour? what an animal!
  • Reply 29 of 72
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iphonedeveloperthailand View Post

That's such a bad symbolism. Eat it and throw up?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Burger King and Microsoft... Both will give you severe diarrhea.

And I thought only me and my son get food poisoning every time we eat at Burger King!
  • Reply 30 of 72
    I just watched the Steve Ballmer interview on MSNBC with Matt Lauer. They pulled out the Dell version of the MacBook Air and Ballmer went on about how light it was.

I would have given anything if someone could have asked him if it had a DVD drive after Ballmer pissed on the Air at MIX.
  • Reply 31 of 72
    I have a new catch phrase for that ad. "Windows 7, take a bite into the bloat!"
  • Reply 32 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by durin oakenskin View Post

Is it just me or does this Windows guru look a bit like Kim Jong-Il?

Or maybe the illegitimate love child of Kim Jong-Il and Mt. T.
  • Reply 33 of 72
    I actually wouldn't mind trying that Whopper..... whoppers are so good...

wouldn't mind trying out Windows 7 either. Will probably upgrade my XP install on the desktop to 7 to keep up with the times (now how many years behind OS X?). Not sure what to do with my XP partition on the MBP, but I haven't booted in there for over a year because of Windows authentication issues.

I suspect Windows 7 will be a success for MS regardless of how good/crappy it is. There is a mentality building for people that "it's about time to upgrade my windows", just have to get them to think OS X instead
  • Reply 34 of 72
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,717member
    Microsoft - the fast-food vendor equivalent in the software world:

Software which satisfies your immediate needs, but leaves you with indigestion due to poor usability, frequent (sugar) crashes, and eventual clogging of the arteries requiring bypass surgery (the need to reinstall your OS due to eventually bogging your computer down to a crawl/causing system instability).
  • Reply 35 of 72
    Clearly the person in charge of the Windows 7 marketing program is a complete dolt or hates Microsoft and is trying to sabotage the product. Windows "Parties", Whoppers and Cartoons??? Seriously, what the hell is going on at Microsoft?

Is this "marketing" supposed to influence business owners to dump XP?
  • Reply 36 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mn3416 View Post

Seriously, what the hell is going on at Microsoft?

Ballmer and crew are the real "The Men who stare at Goats"!

"This story is about what happened when a small group of men - highly placed within the United States Military, the Government, and the Intelligence Services - began believing in very strange things" - see link

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ht...age&q=&f=false
  • Reply 37 of 72
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mn3416 View Post

Seriously, what the hell is going on at Microsoft?

I think Steve Jobs dumped some bad LSD in the Redmond water supply.
  • Reply 38 of 72
    bucetabuceta Posts: 141member
    The Whopper: The best in junk food!

Windows 7: The best in junk software!
  • Reply 39 of 72
    Can you imagine having to sit next to a sweating, screeching, and poo flinging Balmer on a flight from Seattle to NYC? What is that, like 5 hours?

Since I'm sure he travels by corporate jet, fortunately we'll never have that experience.
  • Reply 40 of 72
    How about "The Seven Dwarfs"? It goes to show how desperation makes people do stupid things. I wonder how famous Burger King is in Japan.

What's next? Strip Clubs? Truck stops? Oh! I get it. Laundromats!