Burger King sells Windows 7 Whoppers as Microsoft begins Guru training

Comments

• Reply 41 of 72
    Hummmm... Makes me NOT want to go to Burger King! They must be desperate for sales (Both BK and Microsoft)
  • Reply 42 of 72
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

seen this earlier , made me laugh..

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/e...rrenting-party

Oh, my side!
  • Reply 43 of 72
    Dude.... Epic Whopper.... I'll take two.

In other news, I'm actually interested to try Windows 7. Nevermind the fact that Windows 7 is actually Windows 6.1, which, under the hood is essentially Vista.

Even my Windows fanboy friend skipped Vista, but now he praises Windows 7, so I'm guessing it'll probably be as good as XP was... meaning it'll be good enough to run GTA IV and all the other games Steve Jobs hates.

-Clive
  • Reply 44 of 72
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

seen this earlier , made me laugh..

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/e...rrenting-party

Ya gotta the british sense of humor ... roflmao.
  • Reply 45 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drow_Swordsman View Post

Ballmer actually seemed pretty tame on the Today Show!

No chair throwing... interesting.

I did notice that he was unsuccessfully tapping on the touchscreen (think it was an HP) before his interview by Matt Lauer. The computer looked unresponsive, or he looked like he didn't know what to do.
  • Reply 46 of 72
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I actually wouldn't mind trying that. Okay, it's a heart attack on a plate, but since I'm not overweight, I don't care. Of course, it'd be a lot better if it was a 7-patty burger at Wendy's. The Wendy's 7 would be a lot closer to Windows 7.
  • Reply 47 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

I actually wouldn't mind trying that. Okay, it's a heart attack on a plate, but since I'm not overweight, I don't care. Of course, it'd be a lot better if it was a 7-patty burger at Wendy's. The Wendy's 7 would be a lot closer to Windows 7.

Unlike here, I'm sure in Japan there is no negative association whatsoever between an unhealthy, brain-stopping hamburger and new Windows software.
  • Reply 48 of 72
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

Training for Windows Gurus, ha! What a joke. How much training do you need to say "that's a hardware issue, you need to talk to your PC manufacturer"? Four times in my whole life I've called Microsoft tech support and that's all they ended up saying. Fooled me four times, shame on me.

By the way, they turned out not to be hardware issues. The techies were just numbskulls.

It's not like they would want to admit something is wrong with their software.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

That whopper is ridiculous, is it Japan only?

I hope so.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post

I actually wouldn't mind trying that Whopper..... whoppers are so good...

wouldn't mind trying out Windows 7 either. Will probably upgrade my XP install on the desktop to 7 to keep up with the times (now how many years behind OS X?). Not sure what to do with my XP partition on the MBP, but I haven't booted in there for over a year because of Windows authentication issues.

The only authentication issue I had was when I tried to use the wrong key for the CD I used, that was my mistake. I had the XP SP2 CD in the drive and tried using a key for an SP3 disk.

Despite its age, XP still does what I need it to do, I'll upgrade only if software I want needs something higher. In fact, I just went up from 2000 to XP just for a recently bought CAD package. The age doesn't matter to me, there aren't any new features that I see are must-have. The computer it's on is plenty powerful, and XP did get updates for new hardware along the way, so it's not as if you can't use features on a 2008 computer because the original release was in 2002.
  • Reply 49 of 72
    Hahahah i wonder what that's called lol
  • Reply 50 of 72
    "Microsoft provided customers with demo books that people could use to show customers different features."

shouldn't it be

"Microsoft provided trainees ..."

(or something similar)
  • Reply 51 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

And I thought only me and my son get food poisoning every time we eat at Burger King!

I don't know what they put in their meat, but it makes me sick every time I've foolishly decided to eat there (last time, probably 6 or 7 years ago).
  • Reply 52 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I don't know what they put in their meat, but it makes me sick every time I've foolishly decided to eat there (last time, probably 6 or 7 years ago).

Ouch. Not a good endorsement from someone named Spam.......

• Reply 53 of 72
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    i just threw up in my mouth a little...
  • Reply 54 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Ouch. Not a good endorsement from someone named Spam.......

• Reply 55 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcmlxix View Post

Can you imagine having to sit next to a sweating, screeching, and poo flinging Balmer on a flight from Seattle to NYC?

Especially after eating a whopper 7! Pee Eww.

This Burger king promo is so stupid it's almost incomprehensible. I mean who in america would order a 7 tier whopper? Let alone the Japanese.

Then the family Guy episode? Uggh.

Things are looking better for Apple everyday. MSFT has given Apple so much ammo, the next round of "I'm a PC" could be amazing! They;re are definitely more than a few good youtube spoofs in the latest MSFT stories.
  • Reply 56 of 72
    Great blurb from an article about the Family Guy Episode ...

"The last time Microsoft was featured in an episode of ?Family Guy,? it was the butt of a Zune joke. Peter Griffin?s father-in-law asked Bill Gates to help him program his Zune and then taunted the Microsoft chairman, noting that he owns an Apple iPod ?like the rest of the world?

and another....

"The new episode will be free of commercial breaks but presumably rife with ?clever? references to Windows. Microsoft agencies Universal McCann and Crispin, Porter and Bogusky, which were tapped to weave the company?s marketing messages into the program, will make sure of that".

With so much input from their ad agencies and producers, it should be a "great" episode.
  • Reply 57 of 72
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

With so much input from their ad agencies and producers, it should be a "great" episode.

Yeah, because we all know how great Microsoft's ads are...

I've never really cared for Family Guy anyways. I love the episode of South Park where they joke about how Family Guy skits are developed by manatees. Now it will really be true since Ballmer bears an uncanny likeness to a manatee.
  • Reply 58 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Despite its age, XP still does what I need it to do, I'll upgrade only if software I want needs something higher. In fact, I just went up from 2000 to XP just for a recently bought CAD package. The age doesn't matter to me, there aren't any new features that I see are must-have. The computer it's on is plenty powerful, and XP did get updates for new hardware along the way, so it's not as if you can't use features on a 2008 computer because the original release was in 2002.

My old PC is still running Windows 2000, an OS I like much better than any that have come from Redmond since then. I was tempted to install XP when Zone Alarm quit supporting Win2k, but I've now got an Intel Mac that runs XP via VirtualBox so the old PC will likely be recycled rather than get a new OS.

I'd really like to know what MS considers the top 100 applications and whether 60 of the 68 not made for Mac are games.
  • Reply 59 of 72
    How more disturbingly artless and crass can ms get?

they say truth is stranger than fiction, it's true, not even the most grotesque mind would have thought of a seven burger sandwich for a product going by the name of 7. It's so bad it's mind boggling how ms keeps redefining the bizzare and the ridiculous.

They used to be masters of the banal and the dysfunctional, they've become masters of the truely atrocious.

When the world has slowly started growing an ecological conscience and companies such as apple walk out of high profile conglomerates for the environment's sake, Microsoft slaughters animals to promote their crappy error prone software that they badly copied from apple amongst others.

how utterly twisted and sad.
  • Reply 60 of 72
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spliff monkey View Post

This Burger king promo is so stupid it's almost incomprehensible. I mean who in america would order a 7 tier whopper? Let alone the Japanese.

Perhaps you shouldn't look at this. It's like a Windows 98 burger plus two more patties.