new iMacs with 21.5 OR 27-inch displays ???

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm going to buy a new iMac......

Do any brother know the difference between the one with 21.5-inch display and the one with 27-inch display?

Apart from the surely difference of pixel, is it a big difference of the display's contrast?

As I will buy it in Hong Kong at the eduactional price, they are HK$8988 (US$1152) or HK$12188 (US$1562) (infornation from http://store.apple.com/hk_tmp_smb_ed...co=MTAyNTM5OTY)......

For me, the hardware of any new iMac is OK, I think if the 21.5-inch display is not worse than the 27-inch one, I prefer for the 21.5-inch one as the cheaper price......

Do any brother know the practical difference between the two display?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    The 27 is ridiculously big, like maybe even too big for a desk. Other than that, they should be pretty similar. Both IPS displays.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    First the 27 has 2560 x 1440 resolution - means finer pixel and finer picture; and the 27 has larger real estate screen. Since you are considering 21.5 means you stay in a room that can accomodate 27 also, go for the 27!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

The 27 is ridiculously big, like maybe even too big for a desk. Other than that, they should be pretty similar. Both IPS displays.

Ben

I may have agreed with you before I bought my Hannspree 28" but after living with this screen (which isn't even close the the quality of the 27" iMac IPS) I'd have a hard time going back to even to a 24"

I'm running 1980 x 1200 and I'd LOVE the same size screen with 2440 x 1440 or whatever the 27 is.

I've put steaming video on my display at fullscreen and layed up on bed and watched it like a TV. It's really cool.