http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/22/a...-with-a-new-c/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

I admit I laughed a little, but these are really getting old:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/22/a...-with-a-new-c/

Yeah, I've just seen them while watching FlashForward and couldn't stop laughing
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Here are the rest of the ads:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

That being said, can anyone else recall another ad campaign for another product/company that has really done nothing but bash the same competitor over and over and over again?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    They worked very well with vista, but they could seriously backfire with 7.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Apple's Microsoft bashing strategy has gained some serious traction. It's obviously a technique that is working for them so why stop now? OS X is getting a lot of good press coverage these days compared to Windows (and rightly so)!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

They worked very well with vista, but they could seriously backfire with 7.

• Reply 5 of 7
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Those are funny. I would just add that the original commercials worked so well, not just because they were funny, but because they were true. They all struck a nerve with something that people experienced or heard about from other Vista users. These commercials are just fear mongering as there have not been any reports of bad experiences with 7. They are officially fud based on Vista shock. Time to stop competing against Vista and move forward.

Having said that, a part of me would hate to see these commercials come to an end.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

Apple's Microsoft bashing strategy has gained some serious traction. It's obviously a technique that is working for them so why stop now? OS X is getting a lot of good press coverage these days compared to Windows (and rightly so)!

In the past, they had a point and many holes in vista to target. Attacking the pricing structure or sticking to what's good about the Mac can be very effective. These ones, where they basically flat out lie saying nothing has changed have a lot of risk involved.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    -ag--ag- Posts: 123member
    Wow the MS fanboys are not happy.

If you can have a cry about these adverts not being true but don't see anything wrong with Microsoft's similar FUD advertising then there may be no hope left for humanity.

ALL adverts depict a particular amount of FUD, THATS WHY THEY ARE ADVERTS.

Have you watched an infomercial of late?

Or are they not adverts but just Mr T and 40 of his close friends in his studio shaped kitchen having a friendly chat while cooking dinner?

See the adverts for what they are, humour. If they are not your style of joke then don't laugh. But don't come onto an Apple site bitching about it.