Notes App is empty after synching

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I synched my iPod Touch using iTunes 9.0.1 (9) and found that all my notes are gone!! What's with that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I know why Notes is empty. I had deleted my email account in Mail (I use Thunderbird). Using Time Machine, I found where the notes are located (Carl....Library...Mail..Mailboxes...Notes.mbox... Messages). They are also located in Pop (my email address)...Notes.mbox...Messages). I restored both folders from Time Machine to the current locations. I've synced (after checking on Notes in the Info tab. What am I doing wrong? The notes still don't appear on my Touch.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clucas View Post

I know why Notes is empty. I had deleted my email account in Mail (I use Thunderbird). Using Time Machine, I found where the notes are located (Carl....Library...Mail..Mailboxes...Notes.mbox... Messages). They are also located in Pop (my email address)...Notes.mbox...Messages). I restored both folders from Time Machine to the current locations. I've synced (after checking on Notes in the Info tab. What am I doing wrong? The notes still don't appear on my Touch.

Silly question, but? after restoring the data from Time Machine, did you launch OS X Mail and verify that the notes were showing up properly there?

Viewing the notes in Mail might restore/rebuild some metadata that you did not recover (purely a wild guess). If so, then after that you might have better luck in iTunes with the synch.

Also?do you have it set to synch Notes with any OTHER machines too? (That might interfere.)

And what if you create a NEW note in Mail. Does that synch better than the old ones? (If so, you could copy and paste stuff into new notes.)

Good luck!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Yes, I did open Mail and the notes appeared there but when I synched they did not appear in my Touch. I do not sync with any other machine. As far as the notes go, I never create notes in Mail since I don't use it. I created my notes on my Touch. I ended up recreated the notes that I really needed (Example - I have a list of medications that I take).