Best CRM tool for Mac?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    eroceroc Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

If you go to the SOHO Product Page and scroll down to the Contact Management features, the third point from the bottom says that it can create and attach events, tasks and notes to contacts.

I don't have Leopard so I can't give this a trial. Even though it states it can "attach" events, tasks and notes, the screenshots don't show this integration with a contact/company name in the task list. (Look under "Calendar List View" heading)

If anyone is giving this a try, can you post screenshots showing the contact/task/notes history integration? Or, simply, can you list the associated contact/company name in the task list view?
  • Reply 22 of 56
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I don't have Leopard either, but I expect that I will in a month or so.

With the new machine, I'm looking to upgrade software, hence the interest in a new CRM.

Given the dearth of replies, I don't think SOHO Organizer has a lot of users.

Which is odd for a 7.0 product.

Especially since Daylite is still lacking in the usability area and NightHawk's Calendar is barely in beta.
  • Reply 23 of 56
    Sales Tracking continues to be a problem on the Mac platform.

I've discovered a new (and free) potential app in Zoho CRM.

It's web-only, and there's no integration with Address Book, iCal or Mail.

That's a show-stopper, but the lack of options means it can't be dismissed outright. Anyone tried this yet?
  • Reply 24 of 56
    f45f45 Posts: 1member
    There's a new forum set up dedicated to discussing the best CRM's

Go to http:www.CRMOSX.com

Its brand new so it will get better with time
  • Reply 25 of 56
    For those that are still looking for a good way to harness your contacts on the Mac, Contactizer Pro is on sale until tomorrow from Maczot.

It still doesn't do sales management, but looks like a decent Mac-friendly contact manager for business.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    amyiamyi Posts: 1member
    You should check out Elements SBM at www.ntractive.com. Elements is hosted CRM solution for small to medium sized enterprises using Mac OS X. Its called a hybrid web application because it combines the power of your desktop and the web, making it work a lot differently and a lot better than other web applications.
  • Reply 27 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amyi View Post

You should check out Elements SBM at www.ntractive.com. Elements is hosted CRM solution for small to medium sized enterprises using Mac OS X. Its called a hybrid web application because it combines the power of your desktop and the web, making it work a lot differently and a lot better than other web applications.

Interesting.

One thing that sticks out on the site is that I can't seem to find out what ntractive costs. Unless I've missed it.

That's never a good sign.
  • Reply 28 of 56
    Yikes. MacWorld says the cost is $69.95 per user, per month.

This may take on the Salesforce.com market, but the small business Mac is still left out in the cold.

Hopefully, they will capture the high end of the Mac market and then offer a desktop-only version that can compete with ACT!, Daylite (and low-price leader Zoho). Certainly the screenshots so far show that the company understands proper user interface, which is what is killing Zoho and Daylite adoption.
  • Reply 29 of 56
    I?m working as naval architect, and as all service providers (lawyer, real estate agent,?) I used to deal with 2 parties in the same time. I would like to find software which helps me to organize my job. In my dreams, this software could manage all my deals and link them to customers? data base, notes, tasks to do, invoice, ?

I have already try some software able to manage one of this skill, but not all in the same time. To have an idea, I am looking for a meet between these softs : omnifocus (for tasks), billing (invoicing), contactizer (data base) and daylite (for CRM).

I know that I?m quite demanding, but I am sure that other service providers? have the same needs and could tell me more about their different experiences.

Thanks
  • Reply 30 of 56
    SugarCRM, open source

vTiger, open source

Concursive
  • Reply 31 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vgibon View Post

I?m working as naval architect, and as all service providers (lawyer, real estate agent,?) I used to deal with 2 parties in the same time. I would like to find software which helps me to organize my job. In my dreams, this software could manage all my deals and link them to customers? data base, notes, tasks to do, invoice, ?

I have already try some software able to manage one of this skill, but not all in the same time. To have an idea, I am looking for a meet between these softs : omnifocus (for tasks), billing (invoicing), contactizer (data base) and daylite (for CRM).

I know that I?m quite demanding, but I am sure that other service providers? have the same needs and could tell me more about their different experiences.

Thanks

1. For tasks and basic CRM, try Highrise - it's online (and I have seen desktop and mobile sync apps for it). Do a search on this page/forum for links to the mobile versions of it.

2. For billing and invoicing (or both), use a combination of Bootstrap (accounting) and FreshBooks (invoicing and time-keeping/tracking). They have an integration pack where you can send your time tracking sheets from FreshBooks to Bootstrap.

3. If you need a heavy-duty and highly-collaborative project manager, try BaseCamp. It's from the same company that makes Highrise (the company is called 37 Signals and they really think about usability and UI design).

Let me know how it goes.
  • Reply 32 of 56
    Get an iPhone 3G? And with SalesForce.com and a lot of 3rd party applications for iPhone 3G and Mac, alongside iCal, Mail, AddressBook, etc. etc.

This could be a better solution than trying to find something just right to work with your Treo. I would think a CRM that's strongly web-enabled would be useful while you are on the go.
  • Reply 33 of 56
    I just ventured on to a ZDnet blog where the writer was discussing the lack of CRM options for the Mac. He mentioned an industry-specific CRM built for Hollywood, and it is unbelievably cool.

If something like this with an attractive and efficient UI can be built with Filemaker, why hasn't some enterprising developer built a more general use CRM with Filemaker for the Mac market?

This thing looks like it beats pretty much every CRM in the Mac market today.
  • Reply 34 of 56
    I am the developer of CRMHaven available from www.holymackerelsoftware.com as a demo. I develop on the Mac for the Mac a number of tools that are not well represented for small to large businesses. CRMHaven is used around the world with one UK government account holding over 90,000 contacts. It is clean and fast. Runs on anything from a single laptop to a LAN to the Cloud. Plus it has clients for not only Mac but Windows and Linux as well.

The goal in creating CRMHaven was to make a tool that looked and worked like Excel since that is what most people use for their contacts. But is also uses the NUTD style of marking contacts then choosing what you want to do with them.

It links to Mail, Google Maps, Safari, Apple Address Book for Importing, Excel for exporting, Word for mailmerging, etc.

The demo lets you check it out shared for free or buy an account for $US1 for one month to check it out for your own data. After that it costs only $US40 per year including 500 Mbytes of storage space.

I would appreciate comments, even negative ones (tough skinned) as it is working well for the current clients but not sure how suitable it might be for others..
  • Reply 35 of 56
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like it fills a much-neglected niche on the Mac side.
  • Reply 36 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrayShades View Post

Sounds like it fills a much-neglected niche on the Mac side.

Business software in general is neglected on the Mac platform.

Just today, I ventured into the Apple Store to see if I could find Business Plan software for an upcoming venture. No such luck.

And while I understand that cloud computing is all the rage for CRM (because salespeople on the road can connect from anywhere) I'm still one guy with a MacBook Pro and would prefer to have an offline copy just for me. Where's the Mac version of ACT or a decent competitor?

Last (but not least) we still have no equivalent to MS Streets and Trips on the platform.

While this is general consumer software, it also works for mobile professionals.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    So let me see if I get this straight.

Salesforce.com wants to tap new, one-man show operations to run their software.

The idea is that these companies will hopefully grow into larger corporate customers down the road.

So to facilitate this, they strip out all the sales features out of their software and expect that "this emerging body of entrepreneurs will see the value in having their contact information stored in a single place and accessible through an Internet connection".

Did I miss something? Isn't contact management a basic part of the OS these days?

Address Book and iCal are still free, right?

If you strip out the features geared to increasing sales, how is the company expected to grow?
  • Reply 38 of 56
    Today I came across the apparently new Start, Run and Grow Your Business bundle on sale at the Apple Store. It's built with Adobe AIR so it's cross-platform.

It includes a "Sales Contact Database" as one of its components. No idea yet as to how capable this sales-tracking database is.

Edit: Here's the main site. Anybody have a screenshot of the database?
  • Reply 39 of 56
    CRM? LMAO! Boy, am I out of the loop. Where I come from, we call these things "databases".
  • Reply 40 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Today I came across the apparently new Start, Run and Grow Your Business bundle on sale at the Apple Store. It's built with Adobe AIR so it's cross-platform.

It includes a "Sales Contact Database" as one of its components. No idea yet as to how capable this sales-tracking database is.

Edit: Here's the main site. Anybody have a screenshot of the database?

I can't help but laugh when I see software solutions like the one listed above (sorry, Frank). IMO, technology is a great helper, but the real core of business is finding out what people want and then selling it to them. That's pretty much it... besides the getting paid part. Too much tech can get in the way of the actual business part of business. Considering that the multi-billion dollar company around whose activities we all govern our lives started in a garage at the right place and time with almost no tech available at the time... the tech is a part of, but not the most important part of running a business. I guess I probably sound like a cranky old man for making comments like this.