My choice for winner of the iLounge.com Apple Tablet design contest

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you know me then you'll understand why it's my favorite contest entry so far.

I'd KILL for this! Ok, maybe just beat someone up for it. Or pay someone to beat him up for it.

Future iPad

Jacek Ryn

Poland

"Future iPad is a flexible tablet which can easily be transformed from iPhone like size to big 8" screen. Thanks to that design you can always fit iPad into your pocket and expand it when you need it eg. finding your way in the city, writing, reading or just surfing the web. Each app behaves like a page in a book. Simply by turning the page you can swap the application on the screen."

See the Rest of the entries so far here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gallery/category/C95/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    This one isn't bad either:

Mac Wood Tablet

Luca Erdohegyi

Munich, Germany

Note, Share and Learn with new Tablet. Ideally for students, especially in design fields. And use your map to know your city even better. Or find out the building, which is standing beside you.

You can control your tablet with finger gestures, digital pencil, and the virtual scroll bar as well. It is easy to change application with the new scroll bar at the sides, just scroll and push.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gal...age_med/17061/

So what is your favorite entry so far? At the moment their contest page is a bit screwy when it tries to show all the pictures (a banner link is overlapping improperly) so use the slideshow on the site to properly view all the entries and click to each of their pages.

Has any of the entries come close to your vision for the device?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I cant see Apple making that second one, the pop out holder on the back is ugly and something SJ would never let through,

Although at least it is something. I have often wondered on cold rainy nights if/how apple will include a stand of some sort for the slate.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Strange Lulz View Post

I cant see Apple making that second one, the pop out holder on the back is ugly and something SJ would never let through,

Although at least it is something. I have often wondered on cold rainy nights if/how apple will include a stand of some sort for the slate.

Yeah I don't think it will have a back stand either. But I like the size and shape of the main display. Really though, I want the one in the first pic....with that foldable display.

Come on Apple.....surprise us!

At least don't make yourself stupid by coming out with a product that you can't fit in a pocket any more than that netbook picture you were trying to mock dell with at the September event.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Yeah I don't think it will have a back stand either. But I like the size and shape of the main display. Really though, I want the one in the first pic....with that foldable display.

Come on Apple.....surprise us!

At least don't make yourself stupid by coming out with a product that you can't fit in a pocket any more than that netbook picture you were trying to mock dell with at the September event.

Now see I disagree with that.

Sure it could fold but I am doubting that. From the hardware orders that have been placed it seems it is going to be a fairly stock standard 10 inch screen.

To make it fit into your pocket... well thats just a iPod Touch isnt it? You cant get much bigger than that.

So it is going to be biugger, which is a good thing, other wise it wont be a good reader or media player.

The only way it could fit in a pocket but still be a usable size is if it did fold some how... which I sadly predict it wont.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Strange Lulz View Post

Now see I disagree with that.

Sure it could fold but I am doubting that. From the hardware orders that have been placed it seems it is going to be a fairly stock standard 10 inch screen.

To make it fit into your pocket... well thats just a iPod Touch isnt it? You cant get much bigger than that.

So it is going to be biugger, which is a good thing, other wise it wont be a good reader or media player.

The only way it could fit in a pocket but still be a usable size is if it did fold some how... which I sadly predict it wont.

Obviously Phil Schiller didn't realize what he was doing when he showed that pic of the dell netbook being shoved into a pants pocket...unsuccessfully. Maybe he was trying to make a comparison between that dell netbook and an iphone or ipod touch. OK, fine.

But I'm telling you right now, when that apple tablet debuts the critics will be comparing it to netbooks including that one by dell. And that picture from the september event will come back to haunt apple.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jillhandley View Post

Those designs rock. But I think apple is gonna go with someone new, something we werent thinking of. Just like they always do

This one is nice:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/gal...age_med/17081/

I don't like the slanted formation it takes. But what I do like is the absolute edge to edge bezel-less display. Jon Ive likes to say that the new imacs have a edge to edge screen that just shows your content but really it doesn't. There is still a bezel of some sort on it even if it is also covered by glass.

The prototype in the pic is absolutely all display. I think I would like that. And the flexible one in my first post, as my first choice also is all display come to think of it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I really like that folding one from Olternauts original post!

Unfortunately, I don't think thats entirely possible just yet (in a consumer production model anyway).

My second choice would be one of the items that just look like an oversized iPhone/Touch.

That wood-grained thing is just fugly!!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Oh I do like that last one, I think it is a perfect fit for whats needed.

Although I question just how much good that solar panal would do.