Our new website - Canvas UI = Infinite Scalability + More!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys,

We just wrapped up work on my company's website. It has some really cool technical aspects.

Web design professionals will likely appreciate it more than others, as they know the limitations, but we think its really quite cool, and would appreciate any feedback provided:

www.madcapstudios.com

(there's a neat little animation diagnostics under the Madcap Website tab, btw)

Twitter + Facebook

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Madcapper View Post

Hey guys,

We just wrapped up work on my company's website. It has some really cool technical aspects.

Web design professionals will likely appreciate it more than others, as they know the limitations, but we think its really quite cool, and would appreciate any feedback provided:

www.madcapstudios.com

(there's a neat little animation diagnostics under the Madcap Website tab, btw)

I had my doubts, but I actually like a lot of the fancy, shmancy animation on your site. Some cool tricks at work there. It ran a little slow on my Mac, but nothing too distractingly bad.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I had my doubts, but I actually like a lot of the fancy, shmancy animation on your site. Some cool tricks at work there. It ran a little slow on my Mac, but nothing too distractingly bad.

Thanks. We intend to implement an auto-pause based on a FPS sample. If it's too low, animations will turn off to speed things up.

Other than that I guess it's important to note that the site works in all browsers from IE6+ (including all the opacity shifts and such, which are impossible with PNGs - The animations work in IE too, but we hard-disabled them due to poor performance)

Also, the entire UI is drawn using javascript (Canvas). The only images used on the site are the stars in the background, and the glossy tab bar. Everything else is drawn as a vector.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Just finished polishing the site. It's now W3C HTML 5 valid, side a couple custom DTD entries, and the frame rates should be improved by up to 100%.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Impressive stuff. All the best in your endeavours.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Oh by the way, a couple of weeks ago we were featured on Canvas Demos:

http://www.canvasdemos.com/2009/12/09/madcap-studios/

Check it out.