Visionary behind Apple's '1984' advertisement steps down

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

For you its seems simple, at a guess how many people actually use blu-Ray, please no speculation, do some research, since this was already discussed in previous threads.

This may help you and read the review http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/app...?tag=mncol;lston why 27" iMac is a good choice!

Ive already seen that review but im not sure how that review address the point I was making. Why use a display port when the entire world uses HDMI? I have a theory which is Apple seems to get some kind of sick enjoyment making their products only work with other Apple products.

This research is really simple the display port on the iMac will only work with other display port devices, hense not with hardware found and used by the rest of the world.

Certainly we cant see that as an advantage.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ort_input.html
  • Reply 62 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Ive already seen that review but im not sure how that review address the point I was making. Why use a display port when the entire world uses HDMI? I have a theory which is Apple seems to get some kind of sick enjoyment making their products only work with other Apple products.

This research is really simple the display port on the iMac will only work with other display port devices, hense not with hardware found and used by the rest of the world.

Certainly we cant see that as an advantage.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ort_input.html

Not going to duplicate discussions, when it is clearly being discussed somewhere else. I was replying to the how good is the iMac 27"
  • Reply 63 of 75
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

How many people use Blu-Ray on their computer, actually how many consumers to be more specific?

The rebuttal for that comment is usually, ?All the other PC vendors offer Blu-ray? without actually acknowledging that the number of consumers actually opting for this option is very, very low.

PS: He Who Must Not Be Named comes off of his ban in a couple hours. Enjoy the forum while you can.
  • Reply 64 of 75
    Quote:

Not going to duplicate discussions, when it is clearly being discussed somewhere else. I was replying to the how good is the iMac 27"

Which wasn't what we were talking about. Also try not to tell me how good something is unless you have used it. Too many have that problem on this forum given an option about how good or bad something is based on what other say.
  • Reply 65 of 75
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Which wasn't what we were talking about. Also try not to tell me how good something is unless you have used it. Too many have that problem on this forum given an option about how good or bad something is based on what other say.

That happens a lot more with other tech companies than with Apple simply by virtue that Apple rarely announces a product far in advance like other companies do. For example, there were a lot of reviews and comparisons to the iPhone about the Moto Droid and Android v2.0 before anyone get their hands on one.
  • Reply 66 of 75
    Good job, Lee Clow. Enjoy your retirement! You deserve it.
  • Reply 67 of 75
    Quote:

Thanks for stopping by and saying nothing.

Well golly gee. I've just read your last five posts, wherein you say virtually nothing of value.

Your point again was?

There. I've said something
  • Reply 68 of 75
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They aren?t the only the palyer. There is Sony, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Toshiba and all the other PC vendors. Apple made the decision that to push their HW successfully they also had to make their own OS and applications. The others did not, it works well for them in the 1990s, but now they are having trouble with Windows as the only viable option for an OS. These PC makers can choose to make an OS if they wish, but we both know their decision long ago to separate the HW from the SW would make it a fruitless task to attempt such an undertaking at this time.

That post is so 2007, Windows 7 has changed all that. The PC manufacturers couldn't be happier at this point in time.
  • Reply 69 of 75
    While everyone remembers the ad, I doubt most even remember it was an Apple ad. And how effective was it really? We don't actually see the fruits of its effectiveness now with a measly 10% share now- do we? In those days Apple was not marketed for a "premium" market so that argument falls extremely FLAT. Did the ad result in a spike in Apple sales in those days? Doubt it.

Sir Ridley Scott deserves most of the credit anyway.
  • Reply 70 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The rebuttal for that comment is usually, “All the other PC vendors offer Blu-ray” without actually acknowledging that the number of consumers actually opting for this option is very, very low.

There is no way to know who is opting for it if it comes standard on most high end PC's now - is it?
  • Reply 71 of 75
    isaidsoisaidso Posts: 750member
    Quote:

Thanks for stopping by and saying nothing.

Seriously? You think you are saying something? You are the most incoherent troll I've read on this board ever. (I know that point only serves to puff you up even more; hey, enjoy) But really, your form of trollism is just a mish-mash of the same old tired tripe, just in larger piles.

One more for the ignore list.
  • Reply 72 of 75
    Quote:

Probably used Mac longer then you, so please again stop the speculation and BS, it getting tiresome and boring. You have 3 Macbook Pro, but I been using a Mac since early 90s.

You change your tune everytime, someone reoplies with decent agrument and try to start a fresh discussion and state, "that not what I was saying"
  • Reply 73 of 75
    Quote:

Probably used Mac longer then you, so please again stop the speculation and BS, it getting tiresome and boring. You have 3 Macbook Pro, but I been using a Mac since early 90s.

You change your tune everytime, someone reoplies with decent agrument and try to start a fresh discussion and state, "that not what I was saying"

I have you beat by a decade when it comes to using Apple products I never change my tune I just don't blindly follow one company. You would see the same approach on PC forum when I see a bad product. In fact I was just bashing nvidia physx today. Not that its available in an Apple world.

When I see something as a good product I say so, same when I see it as a bad product. Problem with most Apple loyalist is they never seen anything as bad and just put up with just about anything. The cult mentality.
  • Reply 74 of 75
    ulfoafulfoaf Posts: 175member
    I didn't really get into using Macs until 3 years ago. I love OS X & Apple products. That wasn't always the case!

I just learned that Ridley Scott directed it. He is definitely the best science fiction genre director around. I don't remember the commercial airing, but I sure remember the introduction of the computer mouse at that time.

This was the kind of smug Apple commercial that I found very annoying. Over dramatized, even though, yes, everyone was thinking about the book. Same with the "IBMers" falling off the cliff like lemmings. Some others that I found annoying:

The girl in the airport with the Apple portable that tells the guy having trouble on his PC "I'm sorry, I don't know anything about computers."

The gap jawed man looking at a pie chart saying "What kind of computers can do that?" and the other guy taking a bite of an apple with saying "Macintosh" with his mouth full.

I remember using a Apple for the first time around 1990. I remember the little pop up windows that would just say "You can't do that." The impression of Apple this created for me was "smug and condescending" or possibly "we are the choice of rich, technically inept people." I wasn't too surprised by their bad downturn.

So glad things are different now. Bashing PCs is negative advertising, which I don't care for, but the ads ring so true.
  • Reply 75 of 75
    Quote:

I have you beat by a decade when it comes to using Apple products I never change my tune I just don't blindly follow one company. You would see the same approach on PC forum when I see a bad product. In fact I was just bashing nvidia physx today. Not that its available in an Apple world.

When I see something as a good product I say so, same when I see it as a bad product. Problem with most Apple loyalist is they never seen

anything as bad and just put up with just about anything. The cult mentality.

you started using a Mac in early 80s, found that very hard to believe!