Apple's latest 10.6.2 beta packs fixes for VMWare, iMacs, Apple TV

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Haven't had the need for Windows 7 yet. Still running Vista x64 without any problems.

So, do you just hang out in an Apple forum for fun?
  • Reply 22 of 83
    bertpbertp Posts: 274member
    There is no such thing as a bug free OS release. It is possible for a bug to exist for years hidden in an OS until some user (you're not supposed to do that!) inadvertently brings it to the surface. This point release is actually the first to deal with user uncovered bugs in SL. All to the better.
  • Reply 23 of 83
    Obscurely in this build Apple refers to an issue with “plugging and unplugging to an Apple TV”, the meaning of which is unknown but could refer to the new 27-inch iMac which allows video input, or maybe to an entirely new AppleTV product? I can´t wait for January! :-)
  • Reply 24 of 83
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    I'll take Apple's 7-10 dot updates over a year and a half to Micro$ucks one service pack every year and a half.

Any day.
  • Reply 25 of 83
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wasn't that obvious from the moment they arrived?

[yawn]
  • Reply 26 of 83
    Quote:

I know this might be hard for you to grasp but some of us do use more then just OSX. Just because I use Vista doesn't mean I don't also use OSX.
  • Reply 27 of 83
    Quote:

I know this might be hard for you to grasp but some of us do use more then just OSX. Just because I use Vista doesn't mean I don't also use OSX.

Yeah, that is very hard to grasp.

I was really hoping for a logical explanation for your persistent passive-aggressiveness, but as justflybob points out just above your post, there is none. You disappoint yet again....
  • Reply 28 of 83
    Quote:

Okay then Question: What OS is best in your opinion?
  • Reply 29 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macfabulous View Post

Okay then Question: What OS is best in your opinion?

The best OS at least in my opinion was Tiger 10.4.11.
  • Reply 30 of 83
    Quote:

Yeah, that is very hard to grasp.

I was really hoping for a logical explanation for your persistent passive-aggressiveness, but as justflybob points out just above your post, there is none. You disappoint yet again....

Well I can't help your graps that not everyone is a fanboi and most of us use more then one OS and are not loyal to just one company.
  • Reply 31 of 83
    Quote:

Better than Windows 7?
  • Reply 32 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macfabulous View Post

Better than Windows 7?

I honestly haven't used Windows 7 enough to give a solid opinion. However I do believe that Vista bad rap has been overstated and Window 7 hype has also been a bit overstated.

Maybe because I understand the internals of how an OS works problems most likely do not bother me the same way they would an average user. I don't really see a major advantage going to Windows 7 because Vista has really worked fine for me.

I also always use x64 systems even with XP which seem to give me less problems then 32bit systems (x86).

Panther and Tiger I feel were far better then Leopard and even SL. Cheetah was pretty slow. So far I would have to say SL has been better then Leopard which had alot of issue to start.
  • Reply 33 of 83
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melchior View Post

i personally hope that it relates to the fact that USB audio devices are useless under a virtual environment in 10.6 - the further mention of USB, these two fixes being mentioned for the first time mind you, gives me hope that this is the case.

care to elaborate on your mds issue? i don't have any problems...

Same here. I reported this on the Apple threads and the VMWare threads regarding the Audio issue. We received a response from the VMWare folks indicating it was an issue with SL, not VMWare. I was told it wasn't going to make it into 10.6.2 though. The issue affected all virtual software, including Parallels, and VirtualBox.

If it is the audio fix, this is good news. I can get rid of the extra 10.5 partition I've been running just so I can use my IP Phone in a virtual machine.
  • Reply 34 of 83
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    I don't know if this is a bug or not or if it's been reported, but in 10.5, you used to be able to right click on a keychain entry and copy the password to the clipboard. In 10.6, I can see the "copy password to clipboard" but it's grayed out. It won't let me do it. Has anybody seen this?
  • Reply 35 of 83
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steviet02 View Post

I'm stunned! I was told last week that there weren't any problems with SL. Amazing, there ARE actually problems with the OS that could effect how computers operate.

There is no such thing as bug free software. I believe the gist of the thread was that for the vast majority of folks, SL has been a solid release with no major bugs.

If you're going to troll, you could at least try to be a little less obvious.
  • Reply 36 of 83
    Will this update fix the persistent freezes in both Safari and Foxfire that seem to be related to Flash content? Oddly, Mail freezes too, so I'm not sure about the Flash, but it's really bothersome. The only thing you can do is force quit. Once it starts, it becomes progressively worse until you have to re-boot and re-build permissions, which knocks the freezes back temporarily, until the cycle starts again. I've re-installed the .1 update, done a deep clean including flushing all caches with Snow Leopard Cleaner, and still it comes back. The only thing I haven't done is a complete archive and install.

Anyone?
  • Reply 37 of 83
    Quote:

Yeah, I too loved a pair of pants I had in the eighth grade, they were great.
  • Reply 38 of 83
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Yeah, I too loved a pair of pants I had in the eighth grade, they were great.

Well I'm gald you finally made it to ninth grade. How many tries did it take you?
  • Reply 39 of 83
    29922992 Posts: 202member
    Quote:

or maybe some sort of hobby?!

PS: I'm also having an AluMB & waiting for 10.6.2 as some things are running not THAT nice \, while my Inspiron1420 is still running Vista with no problems and no need for any W7.
  • Reply 40 of 83
    Quote:

Well I'm gald you finally made it to ninth grade. How many tries did it take you?

Can anyone say Douche Bag? Go back to Vista land trollboy.