Installed SL, how do I delete extra printers & languages & install qt7?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Ok, I just installed SL (not a clean install) and updated it. In the process, I installed the extra printers and languages which I did not want to do because I never saw the customize button.

Does anybody know how to remove the extra printers and where the files are? Same for the languages.

I'd also like to install Quicktime 7 pro. Can this be done with pacifist or can I run the SL install disk and then choose it from the customize button?

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    SL is supposed to identify printers you've used (from stuff on your hard drive, if you didn't get rid of it) and/or are using. Then it installs only the drivers you need.

Languages? I don't know.

If you try to open something that requires QuickTime 7, SL is supposed to ask if you want to download and install it.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Printers download on demand, as you need them. In theory.

Monolingual

QuickTime 7 is on the SL Install Disk. And it's on Google.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Thanks Gregg and Ireland, I was able to use pacifist to extract QT7. I also installed the latest HP drivers for my printer and found where to delete the ones it installed. As for the languages, I'll find them some day if they are on my HD.

I will say I am not happy with the changes they made to Preview. But so far, everything else I really like. I didn't do a clean install, I just installed over my existing OS and my computer is definitely faster. Good job Apple (except for what you did to Preview...)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

As for the languages, I'll find them some day if they are on my HD.

You may want to check my comment again, 'carefully'.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Good job Apple (except for what you did to Preview...)

That new annotations bar alone in Preview makes it a way better app.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You may want to check my comment again, 'carefully'.

Or this one on that page:

Quote:

Monolingual is a program for removing unnecessary language resources from Mac OS X, in order to reclaim several hundred megabytes of disk space.

• Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That new annotations bar alone in Preview makes it a way better app.

Well, I'm going to play around with it some more. Maybe there are some added features that will make it a wash for me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Well, I used Preview some more tonight and I found a change that I really like... You can highlight (or underline) text just by selecting it. This is definitely a time saver for me.