Has anyone got word about iMac 27" quad core ship date?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Mine is still listed as "backordered." I bought it on the day of the announcement. It would be nice to have it soon!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    It depends on manufacturing and if the P55 USB controller issue effects OSX.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    My order for an i7 hasn't shipped yet; however, my debit and credit cards have been charged by Apple. It would seem to indicate that shipping is imminent.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Good to hear. My card has not yet been charged, although I didn't buy through Apple ... I couldn't justify the extra $550 that would buy the i7 through the Apple Store.

That said, the i7 iMac is sweet. What is your configuration?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    That's interesting. How do you save $550 by not going through the Apple store? It's a big saving...I'm curious.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Good to hear. My card has not yet been charged, although I didn't buy through Apple ... I couldn't justify the extra $550 that would buy the i7 through the Apple Store.

That said, the i7 iMac is sweet. What is your configuration?

I went with the stock ram, stock HD, 4850 and a wired keyboard. I figure I can expand the ram when prices go down, and I have at least another 750 gigs of space in external drives. This is going to be a huge upgrade from my g5 tower (AGP model)!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex London View Post

That's interesting. How do you save $550 by not going through the Apple store? It's a big saving...I'm curious.

By getting the slower Core 2 model
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I don't think so Ben, Splinemodel talks about a ship date for quad core 27" models. There is no back ordering delay for Core 2 duos as far as I'm aware of. The i5 maybe, but I didn't think the price differential was so great.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Ordered the 27" with all the upgrades on day of initial release. My credit card is showing the temporary charge as of midnight on 11/6.

I am a mac, sometimes a PC (running under VMWare Fusion). I hate microsoft with a passion!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex London View Post

Price of i7 iMac from Apple Store: $2200

9.25% sales tax: $203.50

Total: 2403.50

Price of i5 iMac from MacConnection: $1950

Mail-in rebate: $-100

lack of sales tax: $0

Total: 1850

2403.50 - 1850 = 553.50

The i7 option is only available from the Apple Store, thus making it a $550 premium option.