Apple announces App Store offerings top 100,000

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Commenting about something not being released I was talking about the droid phone running the Android 2.0 software. A good example is multi touch is not supported until 2.0 so there are options I couldnt comment on because I have not used them yet.

However I am touched that you are concern about my technical knowledge but sleep well knowing this is rather simple compared to what I do on a daily basis.

Actually, multitouch was available on the older versions of Android. I believe the G1 could have multitouch on 1.5 and the 1.6 got it through an SDK. The reason why Google didn't use it natively is anyone's best guess. But the SDKs allow devs to take advantage of multitouch functions.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Actually, multitouch was available on the older versions of Android. I believe the G1 could have multitouch on 1.5 and the 1.6 got it through an SDK. The reason why Google didn't use it natively is anyone's best guess. But the SDKs allow devs to take advantage of multitouch functions.

Thanks for correcting that. Everything I had read said it was only avail with 2.0 and some were even questioning if it was even available at all.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned the App Genius. it works well.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the App Genius. it works well.

Mentioned it before in a different thread, but I like it. Trouble with the App Store is that there are simply too many apps to sift through, even with the Genius function. Successful apps tend to get copied perpetually, so truly original apps are far and few between (BTW, this sums up just about any pursuit). To put it another way (and with apologies to Theodore Sturgeon), for most people "ninety percent of apps are crap".