Apple opens doors to France's first Apple Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That second one is so philosophically Parisian.

Yeah.

And you expect those good people to queue in lines to lay hands on certain Magic Mouse? Nay.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post

the french don't seem to have a problem visiting the other mac store.

macdonald's

but that mac comes with pommes frites.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Anyway.

I'm seriously going to Montpellier on 14th to see what Apple calls the Store in France. Will try to take some panoramic pictures there.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Anyway.

I'm seriously going to Montpellier on 14th to see what Apple calls the Store in France. Will try to take some panoramic pictures there.

By the way, I just got the free Louvre app.

Great for those of us stuck elsewhere.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

By the way, I just got the free Louvre app.

Great for those of us stuck elsewhere.

Umm... Good for you. It looks solid, but personally I'm always a bit dissatisfied with such tourist guides and encyclopedias for iPhone.

There should always be one essential element in any well-positioned iPhone application: being useful "on the go" (or at least dealing with oftenly updated content).

How useful is that Louvre Tour while on-the-go?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Umm... Good for you. It looks solid, but personally I'm always a bit dissatisfied with such tourist guides and encyclopedias for iPhone.

There should always be one essential element in any well-positioned iPhone application: being useful "on the go" (or at least dealing with oftenly updated content).

How useful is that Louvre Tour while on-the-go?

It's great if stuck in a line, on a train, etc. It's both beautiful and informative. However the London National Gallery of Art app is even better.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:

It's great if stuck in a line, on a train, etc. It's both beautiful and informative. However the London National Gallery of Art app is even better.

I downloaded and played with it yesterday. Excellent job indeed as it seemed at the very first glance; the app of the quality being rare on the App Store. Still pretty much useless for me, though.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    The Louvre had 8.3 million visitors in 2008.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

This is true.

However, it is obvious that Apple is targeting the 30 million (yes, that's correct!) visitors that the Louvre gets every year. (Paris Disneyland was based on a similar logic).

And heck, it might end up being the attraction for a few Parisians to visit the Pyramid/Louvre too!