First Look: Apple's 27" big screen iMac

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 244
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Guys, when you post a reply, it's best to make sure the quotes are correctly attributed and properly closed, there should be an equal number of quote and end quotes (/quote). I corrected them, up until now, about four people on a chain had bungled quotes.
  • Reply 242 of 244
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Guys, when you post a reply, it's best to make sure the quotes are properly closed, there should be an equal number of quote and end quotes (/quote).

I understand this and do it when I post a reply, and I also do it for multiple quotes - inserting quotes and end quotes one at a time.

Is there an easier way to do multiple quotes? There is a 'button' marked multi-quotes, but it doesn't seem to do anything. How do you use it?
  • Reply 243 of 244
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Is there an easier way to do multiple quotes? There is a 'button' marked multi-quotes, but it doesn't seem to do anything. How do you use it?

I understand your confusion, it took me a while to understand the concept when I first tried it.

Clicking multi-quote once turns the button's circle green. For every post you want to quote, make sure that its button is green, then after all the indicators are green, click "post reply". You won't get nested quotes, but you should have multiple quotes.

If the above doesn't work, you may have a cache or cookie problem with your browser.
  • Reply 244 of 244
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I understand your confusion, it took me a while to understand the concept when I first tried it.

Thanks for the info and for your understanding, I've been on this forum for a long time, and I still didn't know how the multi-quotes worked.

Makes me wonder what else I don't know how to do on this forum.