Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.2 with guest account bug fix

Comments

• Reply 81 of 144
    The crappiness of Shit Leopard continues.

No fix for expose, no fix for screenshots
  • Reply 82 of 144
    Wow. Expose and spaces actually animate smoothly and don't freeze up all of the time.
  • Reply 83 of 144
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LtKaffee View Post

The crappiness of Shit Leopard continues.

Fail troll is fail.
  • Reply 84 of 144
    ATOM CPU support is gone.
  • Reply 85 of 144
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

What the heck are you running that you can?t use a web browser with less than 3GB RAM? Right now Safari is 330MB RAM, more than any other single app, and I?m only using 1.2GB total with 6 apps open.

10.6 had a huge memory leak on my system. It "said" Safari was reasonable ~300MB. Yet the system DID NOT account for were ~1.5GB of my RAM was going. Huuuuuuge memory leak.

10.6.2 has fixed my problem!
  • Reply 86 of 144
    Since I installed 10.6.2, my MacBook Pro has alerted me via pop-up screen every time my Time Machine starts backing up that my Time Capsule's firmware is not up to date (I'm running 7.3.2, current is 7.4.2) and I should update. Thing is, I don't want to update -- when both 7.4.1 and 7.4.2 came out, I updated to those versions and they ended up hosing my network. 7.3.2 is stable and everything works on it (unlike more current versions), so I'd like to keep it without being reminded of that fact every hour -- does anyone know of a way to disable those pop-ups?
  • Reply 87 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

No offence, but cloning your entire hard drive before a point update is serious overkill, especially if you have Time Machine.

True, if you want to be 100% safe that's the way to go, but the risk of anything happening that would require a complete restore is so low as to be negligible. You might as well start strapping pillows about your body in case you fall out of your chair while the update completes as well.

Sure? I mean, if you make weekly backups with CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper! via Smart Backup, that job is done very quickly. And you are 100% save. I prefere this method above TimeMachine. As long as TimeMachine is NOT bootable, it's a nogo for me.
  • Reply 88 of 144
    Graphics glitches STILL haven't been fixed (x3100)! WTF Apple?

Amateur hour.
  • Reply 89 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Verloc View Post

Graphics glitches STILL haven't been fixed (x3100)! WTF Apple?

Amateur hour.

Odd. Everyone on Macrumors with that hardware is reporting just the opposite.
  • Reply 90 of 144
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member
    Doesn't hang while running Repair Permissions in Disk Utility and Expose (all windows) is fast and smooth once more.
  • Reply 91 of 144
    Did anyone else notice the new QuickTime fullscreen progress bar (Front Row-style), which I mentioned earlier in this thread?
  • Reply 92 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drjjones View Post

i download update and it erased at least 80 gig of data on my eye tv

very unhappy

all my movies are gone

everybody beware

got any suggestions anybody how to get them back

please help

That's naughty!

Data Rescue II is the most likely candidate to recover your data. It will probably recover the .mpg Transport Stream files from the .eyetv recording package folders.

I have never used my internal hard drive with EyeTV. The risk of loosing data is too high for me. I only use an external Firewire 800 Drive and another USB Drive as a backup for EyeTV. All 150 GB's of data in my EyeTV have been prepared for Wi-Fi access so I can watch them on my iPod Touch, watching live TV on it is also pretty nifty.

It would be wise in future to keep EyeTV well clear of your internal drive.
  • Reply 93 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlcmh View Post

File size is only 157.7 MB via Software Update on my iMac 24" early-2009 model.

Software update version downloads what's needed for your Machine. The other 300 or so mb is drivers needed for other Macs.
  • Reply 94 of 144
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Software update version downloads what's needed for your Machine. The other 300 or so mb is drivers needed for other Macs.

Makes sense, and thanks
  • Reply 95 of 144
    It's not on the list, but the OpenGL engine has been updated and so have some graphics drivers. Maya problems have been fixed. I wonder if someone can do some benchmarks to see what the difference in performance 10.6.1 vs 10.6.2 is.
  • Reply 96 of 144
    I wonder if this update fixed the eduroam authentication problem that SL created...
  • Reply 97 of 144
    Can somebody please tell me or suggest why the size difference between combo update and system updater is so so huge?

470 M : 170 M

Thanks
  • Reply 98 of 144
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dgg32 View Post

Can somebody please tell me or suggest why the size difference between combo update and system updater is so so huge?

470 M : 170 M

Thanks

That's already been answered earlier in the thread. One contains all of the drivers and all pieces of the update. The other contains only the updated pieces that a specific Mac needs when using Software Update.
  • Reply 99 of 144
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

WTF is with the lemmings posting troll bait on every snow leopard thread? Anyway, this weekend is going to be good. Will finally upgrade from 10.5 after doing a backup.

Can't blame the trolls. It's who they are. But I definitely blame AppleInsider for failing to control it. There is absolutely no reason for an Apple centric forum to allow the blatant trolling that goes on here. None. Rational critisim and opinion is one thing but the stuff posted here by the likes of Techstud and others is intentionally disruptive.

Again, this is AppleInsider's fault. They can control it. They refuse to do so. It makes them look impotent or, worse, supportive of the trolls.
  • Reply 100 of 144
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krolingo View Post

* Save as PDF? Crashes the printing application

* Does anyone else see that nice *feature* ?

Odd you should say that. Save As PDF doesn't work for me in 10.6.2 either, though it didn't crash my app, just didn't do anything, with the following message in my console:

10/11/2009 09:37:21\t[0x0-0x20020].com.microsoft.Word[422]\tWARNING: Font "Arial" with style 0 can't be handled by the imaging system. This document can't be drawn/printed with this font.

I was still using Microsoft Word for Mac X though. When I upgraded to Word 2004 that fixed the problem.