Apple buys Ricochet's Assets

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
How about it? Ricochet recently went bankrupt. Their wireless capabilities allowed PC's to "Boldy go where no PC has gone before."

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Apple doesn't have the user density to make the implementation of this service feasible.

SdC
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Besides, their assets were already bought by Aerie. I guess Apple could buy Aerie, but they might as well just have bid on the Ricochet stuff.

Ah Ricochet; I shall miss thee.

Alex
  • Reply 3 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by gloobes:

<strong>How about it? Ricochet recently went bankrupt. Their wireless capabilities allowed PC's to "Boldy go where no PC has gone before."

What do you think?</strong><hr></blockquote>

PC "went" there when Ricochet were working no? If you believe it we were also on the moon a couple of times. To go there again wouldn´t exactly be "going where no man have been before".

And besides: This has to be something also non-americans can use for no other reason that I will be major pissed if it isn´t.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Apple doesn't have the user density to make the implementation of this service feasible.

Exactly! No way could Apple provide such a service. ATT's entire company is devoted to such a service.