Evidence suggests Apple at work on Mac OS X 10.7

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 77
    ...no news is good news and this is no news
  • Reply 62 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This makes OS XI read as "oh-ess-ex-eye" which sounds dumb and is kind of a mistake IMO as I said in the earlier post.

You could also say, "oh-ess-ex-one" don't you think? \
  • Reply 63 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robogobo View Post

OMG I can't wait. It's going to be awesome! I'm already so bored with 10.6's bland and outdated look.

It's a great look, I hope they don't twick it a lot. And that the fabulous aqua remains at least as a community software option.
  • Reply 64 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Most people in fact say "Oh-ess-ex" when they say it out loud. Techies in general will freak out and beat you about the head if you say it that way though and insist that the "correct" way is "oh-ess-ten."

I too say it more often than not OS eX, I know that's not the apple official way to pronounce it but I love the way it sounds, and, I mean if you have such a long great history of building all the way up to 10 you merit that alluring eX pronunciation, plus it rhymes nicely in with os.
  • Reply 65 of 77
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

I too say it more often than not OS eX, I know that's not the apple official way to pronounce it but I love the way it sounds, and, I mean if you have such a long great history of building all the way up to 10 you merit that alluring eX pronunciation, plus it rhymes nicely in with os.

Saying ?ex? flows better and it sound cool. Bender from Futurama agrees (soundbite)
  • Reply 66 of 77
    bugsnwbugsnw Posts: 717member
    I just got wind of a huge tip from my source inside Apple. It appears they will be working on 10.8 after they ship 10.7. You heard it here first.

I'm hoping for a spiffed up UI. Some really creative touches that help us get around, manage files, and work with windows, especially on these new large monitors. We definitely need scaling.

I'd add to the wish list the ability to send voice messages via mail, like the NeXT OS used to. Publish and subscribe was a great feature on NeXT OS as well.

I'm looking forward to much refinement in how we do things as well as a new look. I don't think Apple has exhausted their engineering prowess when it comes to 1s and 0s.
  • Reply 67 of 77
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

The thing I find really funny is that even though a lot of techies will ridicule a person for saying "oh-es-ex", Jobs himself says it that way all the time. On stage too.
  • Reply 68 of 77
    well maybe they should call 10.7 "DSH" (Domestic Shorthair) (aka your regular non-purebred housecat), or maybe "Calico" ... because Mac has more TUDE.
  • Reply 69 of 77
    Personally, I hope they don't use "Lion" until the very last (i.e. ultimate) iteration of OS X (which I always pronounce as "ten", btw). The symbolism is too good to pass up.

Also, how can Microsoft be working on Windows 8 when they haven't even released a Windows 7.0 so far? Will they just try to bulls**t everyone even harder than they already are, and stick with the fake number? Go back to names, nonsense initials or year numbers? Who knows?
  • Reply 70 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Saying ?ex? flows better and it sound cool. Bender from Futurama agrees (soundbite)

Bender is the man!!! Probably the greatest cartoon character created for me!! lol.
  • Reply 71 of 77
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Bender is the man!!! Probably the greatest cartoon character created for me!! lol.

I wholeheartedly agree and anyone who doesn't can bite my pasty white ass.
  • Reply 72 of 77
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shunnabunich View Post

Personally, I hope they don't use "Lion" until the very last (i.e. ultimate) iteration of OS X (which I always pronounce as "ten", btw). The symbolism is too good to pass up.

Also, how can Microsoft be working on Windows 8 when they haven't even released a Windows 7.0 so far? Will they just try to bulls**t everyone even harder than they already are, and stick with the fake number? Go back to names, nonsense initials or year numbers? Who knows?

Someone, in another thread, suggested SabreTooth. I like the sound of that, too.
  • Reply 73 of 77
    This is news as much as me saying I am going to take another breath now.
  • Reply 74 of 77
    OS X Ocelot
  • Reply 75 of 77
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    I hope it has graphic drivers so it's somewhat useful.

SL is a big big big disappointment.

I'm back on Leopard. SL isn't ready yet.
  • Reply 76 of 77
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rain View Post

I hope it has graphic drivers so it's somewhat useful.

SL is a big big big disappointment.

I'm back on Leopard. SL isn't ready yet.

I don't know which is worse. I am stuck deciding between the thread OP and this reply...
  • Reply 77 of 77
    OS X 10.7 Pussy Galore