Web search statistics show Bing stagnant, Google growing

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Uh . . . the two aren't even comparable. What on earth are you trying to say?

It's premature to state that Bing is a failure after 5 months only as a new product with 10% regardless of what solipsism is saying its age is. that's all
  • Reply 42 of 65
    istudistud Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

OMG-

BING has been around only since June 2009 and already has 10% marketshare as Google has been entrenched like forever. It took Apple 25 years to get that in OS.

Give it up already.

Good you are here evil twin!

Way to go, one of your finest! I knew typically you can not understand more than 3 words put in the same line (sentence for the rest of us), but you really blew up this one badly! It is well below your average.

Try again. This time read the last line of the article. Ignore the rest!

Here it is again, just in case you get distracted. Read it again s-l-o-w-l-y

Microsoft?s Bing, MSN and Live Search combined amounted to just 3.5% of the global web search market.
  • Reply 43 of 65
    iStud

Is that some sort of self proclamation about yourself? perhaps it is just ironic that you call yourself that iStud yet cannot understand a simple comment from somebody who calls themselves techstud.
  • Reply 44 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

iStud

Is that some sort of self proclamation about yourself? perhaps it is just ironic that you call yourself that iStud yet cannot understand a simple comment from somebody who calls themselves techstud.

I can certainly not understand you! Your English is appalling.

Honestly, what?
  • Reply 45 of 65
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

iStud

Right? What is he talking about?

Is iStud solipsism?
  • Reply 46 of 65
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

well, heck, i enjoy MS bashing. and i don't like any kind of purism.

now that we have stated our personal preferences, i suggest you simply don't read what does not interest you - nor bother to comment grumpily on it (unless being a sourpuss is what you enjoy!). AI doesn't force you to click on every or any article.

on the other hand, if the criticism is AI doesn't post enough articles these days that you find worth reading, that is certainly a valid point to assert.

Go make me a cuppa tea
  • Reply 47 of 65
    Notice the press release says "Microsoft Sites grabbed 9.9 percent". These PRs always use some kind of colorful terms to characterize the Microsoft part of the data. Could be they are being paid through a number of "collaborations with Microsoft. Proof is in the press releases.

http://advertising.microsoft.com/comScore-collaboration

http://comscore.com/Press_Events/Pre...ch_Methodology

Here is the full October 2009 press release

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...ngine_Rankings

Compare this to a 2008 press release.

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...Search_Engines
  • Reply 48 of 65
    This would be interesting if Bing were more useful and less annoying; as it is, it's too much three-stooges....
  • Reply 50 of 65
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stonefingers View Post

I can't imagine why...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Is this your link?
  • Reply 51 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Is this your link?

Yes - thanks
  • Reply 52 of 65
    Quote:

Why do you assume I am a "he"?
  • Reply 53 of 65
    Quote:

Good question, what are YOU talking about?
  • Reply 54 of 65
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

However, ComScore's press release points out in small type that "searches for mapping, local directory, and user-generated video sites that are not on the core domain of the five search engines are not included in the core search numbers."

Microsoft doesn't have a big share of the mapping, local directory, and user generated search market. By removing this from its "core" rankings, ComScore greatly inflates Bing's importance, because the vast majority search related to maps, local search, and "user generated video" (why not just say "YouTube") are all owned by Google. Microsoft's own "Soapbox" effort to match Google's YouTube failed and was shut down in August after a three year run.

For some reason comparing apples with apples doesn't sit well with this writer.

Quote:

When looking at more neutral statistics that don't gerrymander figures to arrive at a desired conclusion, the facts are very different.

Net Application's search engine market share figures have been tracking the industry since at least 2000. For October 2009, the latest full month recorded, it gave Microsoft Bing just a 3.49% share of all search globally, along with 0.08% share for MSN Search and 0.01% share for Microsoft Live Search. Yahoo Search took second place with 6.68%, leaving the lion's share for Google at 84.53%.

What Makes Net Applications figure more reliable - time in market? Or that Bing's market share is merely 3.49%? The assertion made by the author is that their figures are somehow more reliable with ZERO indication as to why.

Articles like this are why Daniel Errant Bilgepump (and his Prince McClean shadow) get my goat. He makes some good points but simply cannot resist the microsoft bashing. He someone managed to slip it in on Appleinsider in an article on Chrome OS. WTF?
  • Reply 55 of 65
    macrrmacrr Posts: 488member
    shocker
  • Reply 56 of 65
    If Bing has nothing to do with Apple, then neither does mention of Google or any non-Apple application. Or for that matter any peripheral device not made by Apple. I doubt if you would find many threads not mentioning any of the above.

What the Bing results show is people are sufficiently dissatisfied with Google to look at an alternative.
  • Reply 57 of 65
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eye Forget View Post

If Bing has nothing to do with Apple, then neither does mention of Google or any non-Apple application. Or for that matter any peripheral device not made by Apple. I doubt if you would find many threads not mentioning any of the above.

I can think of a lot of thngs that have to do with Apple products that aren?t made by Apple. How many thousands of iDevice accessories are there? What about all their partners?

Quote:

What the Bing results show is people are sufficiently dissatisfied with Google to look at an alternative.

Since Google is growing in marketshare it looks like the only dissatisfied people are Yahoo users, because that is where the Bing increase came from.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    "BING" = FAIL lol

i refuse to use it just because its microsoft lol
  • Reply 59 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I can think of a lot of thngs that have to do with Apple products that aren’t made by Apple. How many thousands of iDevice accessories are there? What about all their partners?

Since Google is growing in marketshare it looks like the only dissatisfied people are Yahoo users, because that is where the Bing increase came from.

Yes, like Google and like Bing.

Suggest reading the thread. These are Google users looking at an alternative. The point is they looked at Bing. Not whether or not Bing was acceptable.
  • Reply 60 of 65
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eye Forget View Post

LOGIC POLICE !!!!!

Comscore's results don't show that.