Would you buy an Apple Tablet?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Atta-boy Ireland! Shake that fist in the face of conformity!

haha!
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Depends on what it is. I'd have to see it first. If it were just a big iPhone/iPod touch, I'm not sure if I would be interested. I want a full featured device running snow leopard.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    momusmomus Posts: 54member
    I want a tablet PC I can use as a digital sketchbook so it would have to be reasonably big while still light and offer the pressure sensitivity of an Intuos with the specs to at least run Pixelmator, if not Photoshop or Painter.

If such a thing already exists, please let me know.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Depends on what it is. I'd have to see it first. If it were just a big iPhone/iPod touch, I'm not sure if I would be interested. I want a full featured device running snow leopard.

I cringe at the thought. Have you seen the ModBook and all the Windows-based tablets. Having to use a stylus to do something a mouse was and keyboard were designed for is not ideal. We need a version of OS X that is designed around the HW, like the iPhone. Basically, it?s meeting about halfway between Mac OS X and iPhone OS, with a new UI that is ideal for finger-based, multi-touch display.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Momus View Post

I want a tablet PC I can use as a digital sketchbook so it would have to be reasonably big while still light and offer the pressure sensitivity of an Intuos with the specs to at least run Pixelmator, if not Photoshop or Painter.

If such a thing already exists, please let me know.

With what Apple has been doing with the glass for all displays, including their trackpads, I don?t think pressure sensitive is feasible. A pressure sensitive, capacitance pen may be in order for that type of work.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Yes. For the cool factor.